Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Xplane just jumped way up there!

With the Urban Maxx addin, Alpilotx free High definition mesh, and now the incredible SkyMaxx Pro which does the most incredible clouds/Crepuscular Rays/Cloud rotation....

Takeoff from San Diego with rare T storms-cumulus T storms finally look real-that was a bolt going off in the bottom of the cloud  way back!

Overfly of some nice free San Diego freeware with nice smooth fps

Shot of the God rays now possible with SkyMaxx

High def mesh really makes a difference with great default textures

Great clouds that move and can be seen well from the ground and great lighting effects

My absolute favorite is the one with the clouds above and the sun's rays peeking thru, but they are all great!

John

Thanks John. I haven't been this excited about a sim since the release of fsx-these new add ons just make it a completely different animal imho.

I just picked up FF757 and it's way more detailed than I thought. Alot of things are happening in XPX, but still no decent AI or ATC is such a downer to me when it comes to tubeliners. Was thinking of getting SKymaxx, but this weekends releases are stacking up and too bad my moneys not doing the same.

Skymaxx, the new mesh, and Urban Maxx turned this sim from a semi frustration to extreme excitement for me.The past 3 years I had really thought after 30+ years of flight simming I had lost interest-now I realize there just hadn't been anything out there that excited me terribly-this stuff does-it is new and innovative.

Those are great shots Geof.  SkyMaxx is certainly a great product that XP has needed for quite some time and I am glad to see that it is available.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I hope you guys appreciate the screenshots.  It's just got Geof named an  'x-planer' over in the p3d forum!

Who would have thought we would ever see that lol :)

Well Geof is leaving avsim as he did flightsim.com 20 years ago. Bye...

Geof, I sure hope that is not the case.  You have been a valued member for many years here.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Geof, don't take my remark as a bad one aimed at you!   As a fellow multi sim enthusiast I understand your point and the irony they don't see.

Jason-not taken that way at all.

All the best!

Both elements...SkyMAXX and the HD mesh go together like peas an carrots. Even though I have been starring at these clouds I enjoy the sim way more. I'm happy the community is starting to see how beautiful XPX is...

I really hope you reconsider... :(  Moods are heated here in these days of big news and releases, so it's a bit easier for a person to get too dragged along in a discussion and say a word too many, but I think you should rethink your decision.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Wow, that is REALLY great! I love the godray image. And what really gets me going is the train in the last pic, I am a railroad freak at heart ...

Please, please just ignore the loudmouths! You have made so many wonderful contributions here, please don't let some i****s drive you out!

Sascha

And what really gets me going is the train in the last pic, I am a railroad freak at heart ...

As you're German: With the free Europe Library, X-Plane also shows German-style trains (i.e. ICE, red double-deck regional trains, Railion locomotives on freight trains) in Europe. Nothing big, but a nice little detail.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir