Sign in to follow this  
DJSean00

How is it?

Hi All,

For those of us at work for another 8 hours and trying to think of reasons to go home *cough sick cough*

How's v2 run? and what are your initial thoughts?

Cheers

Sean

Kind Regards,

Sean McCormack
FPSPLAYERS.COM

Game and Voice Servers

Running the installer now, I'll be back in a minute

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I've just been messing with the defaults, but it's running really smoothly on my system.  Now to dig a bit more into this baby.

Wow nice, I would really like like to know if there are rain effects on the virtual cockpit now.

only Xplane10 has that, fsx/p3d not so common.  There are a few P3D payware planes that offer it.

In theory with P3D's DX11 renderer and improved SDK it should be a relatively simple and low-overhead thing to throw a rain drops shader on the windshield, but it will take some time before we see it I'm sure.

Anyone know how to get EZDOK working without that "FSX Process not found" message? I can't set anything in the studio.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Wow nice, I would really like like to know if there are rain effects on the virtual cockpit now.

rain effect is determined by the aircraft developer. The, FSX, P3D are capable of having rain effect in the VC if the designer adds the effect.

Thanks for the info guys. When I say rain virtual cockpit effects, i mean like raindrops actually obscuring the pilot's view that there would actually be a need for wipers as seen in sims like Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Train Simulator

Jonathon James

It will need some tweaking, at least for me. I have to find the correct settings to make it run smoothly but I'm also running the resolution at 5400X1920 with AMD HD 6990. I can tell that when I find the correct balance it will be very good and worth the switch.

To make the menus workable I must first pause then hit ALT. The menus are to jerky without pausing the sim first.

Performance is amazing so far, but I haven't turned on the new scenery shadows, just the FSX-like aircraft and terrain shadows.. but I'm getting VERY good frames, and check out the density and draw distance of the autogen. It's mental.

I have sliders maxed except the shadows as I said, water reflections turned off..

k4UVpgi.jpg

Holy cow! Thanks Molleh.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Performance is amazing so far, but I haven't turned on the new scenery shadows, just the FSX-like aircraft and terrain shadows.. but I'm getting VERY good frames, and check out the density and draw distance of the autogen. It's mental.

I have sliders maxed except the shadows as I said, water reflections turned off..

k4UVpgi.jpg

Well I can get 60 fps Easy in FSX with default anything so..

Which one do I select to download? Academic for the 59.99 or the professional developer license for 9.99 a month? Sorry but I want to make sure I get the right one. Super stoked right now!!!!

Well I can get 60 fps Easy in FSX with default anything so..

Again, look at the LOD and autogen density (and the distance to which it remains dense.) It's way more than FSX displayed even with everything maxed.