Sign in to follow this  
DJSean00

How is it?

4.8Ghz 3960X (2133Mhz DDR3 - quad channel) - nVidia Titan OC

Thanks! This puts things in perspective immediately! I think there is a er… slight difference :rolleyes: between a Titan and my GTX580 so I know what to expect when I install P3D myself.  ^_^ I now know I probably won't get the exact same results as can be seen in your video. But it's also good to know what IS possible with the right hardware upgrade!

It will need some tweaking, at least for me. I have to find the correct settings to make it run smoothly but I'm also running the resolution at 5400X1920 with AMD HD 6990. I can tell that when I find the correct balance it will be very good and worth the switch.

To make the menus workable I must first pause then hit ALT. The menus are to jerky without pausing the sim first.

So AMD performance is excellent? Any advantage or disadvantage vs nvidia with p3d 2.0?

How about crossfire or dual link cards? Can p3d take advantage of that?

Ben

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

which from my reading if the commentary here, is already getting high praise from a performance perspective.

Absolutely agree ... no popping of objects, no "growing population" of objects ... if I tried to run FSX with the settings I'm using in P3D V2, I'd be at 1/3 the frame rate for about 15 seconds before I got an OOM.

I enjoy XP10 64bit also, but it's simply not as complete as P3D V2.

Look at this for memory usage in P3D V2 (given my settings all maxed out) 2.4 GB: 

I love it.

JwubAdW.jpg

ze6BOz8.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Has anyone installed it on low end system?

It would be nice to know how it runs relative to FSX, on a system similar to Q9550 with a GTX 560ti graphics card.

I really wonder how will it perform on my Asus ROG  G750JW gaming laptop

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Impressed with the P3D web site. Started the buying at around 8:30 here in the UK. The site was a little slower than normal but everything went through smoothly.

Download is hovering around 54min so it could be some time. Once installed I will try and do some comparisons. Its going to be a looooong 54min.

Here's my video ... remember, not a single add-on or tweak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUlSyUFTtk8

It sounds like VRAM is going to be a key deciding factor in how far you can push things with P3D2. The disgusting thing is I only recently purchased my GTX780 which only has half the VRAM your Titan does (even though they are roughly on par in gaming benchmarks). 

I'm looking forward to hearing from someone loading up some Orbx scenery packages and cranking the autogen. In my view they have certainly done the finest job graphically of making autogen in FS look plausible for the most part and they (from memory) achieve this largely through placing an exceptionally high number of objects. If the default levels of autogen are taxing VRAM this much I shudder to think about what a maxxed out Orbx product + highly detailed plane, airport and AI might do.

I guess that means it will grow into its own. To be fair to Geofa one strong point of XPlane is the sheer amount of detail its autogen system is capable of whereas FSX/P3D autogen is still relatively basic. I think this can only improve however.

Here's my video ... remember, not a single add-on or tweak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUlSyUFTtk8

Running smoother than mine! I get a pretty solid 30 FPS but it has a "skip" in smoothness a little more than I'd like. Maybe it's time for an upgraded GPU... 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Did you use the installer for the A2A C172 (simply directing it to the P3D 2.0 folder) or did you manually move the files (like A2A seems to suggest you should)?

Yes, I used the installer again and just pointed it to P3D. Seemed to work fine.

The best part of V2.. Real AA within the Simulator! The FXAA and MSAA combo works wonderfully.. No more Bill Nye the AA guy Inspector settings!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Has anyone installed it on low end system?

Mine is a pretty low-end system, it's a Windows 8 (downgraded to 7) laptop with 4GB of RAM, an i5 4 cores, and an nvidia intergrated card with 2GB. Hence, I wasn't expecting there to be much improvement, and there isn't. If anything it runs worse than FSX. e.g. I use drzewiecki design's Polish airports, and sitting at EPPO in FSX I get between 20-25 fps with cloudy weather. In P3D, with low-end settings and the same weather, I get 15fps. It's still usable, but a noticable drop in performance for me. I also run X-Plane on the same system, and it really outperforms P3D here when using HDR and shadows.

I'm not actually too concerned at the moment, as I will eventually get myself a better computer. For now, I have P3D v2, FSX and X-Plane installed, and things will improve, as well as my hardware.

I have slow internet connection, can anyone let me know the P3Dv2 installation files, how many files to download, and how big each file?

Mine's slow as well. You can download it as a single 10 gb file or as smaller files of around 1 gb.

I'm downloading it as I speak and it's coming down at a "blazingly fast" 500 to 600 kbs/sec, which is actually much faster than my line normally downloads stuff. 

I strongly suggest getting a download manager. There's nothing like downloading 99% of a large file and having it fail at the last moment. :)

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.