Sign in to follow this  
DJSean00

How is it?

Don't look like much autogen to me, run ORBX Global and see what it looks like. 60fps on a vinialla FSX install is slow, I can get 160 easily on a new install with nothing in it.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm running running in the Carenado Cessna 337, with everything on and all sliders maxed. I'm getting 20-30 FPS, completely smooth, all around   I'm just flying in the pattern at Langley so far, throwing different time's and weather conditions at it, and nothing phases it.  Surprisingly, FPS seem to climb at night (not that I can tell the difference at all, it stays buttery smooth no matter what I do).  The autogen is also the best I've ever seen, and it's crazy dense.

Which one do I select to download? Academic for the 59.99 or the professional developer license for 9.99 a month? Sorry but I want to make sure I get the right one. Super stoked right now!!!!

Academic

Gotta say-that autogen looks nasty. It looked great for the time when fsx came out-but as a user said about autogen with another sim a couple years ago looks like someone opened their toybox and spilled it out.

Gotta say-that autogen looks nasty. It looked great for the time when fsx came out-but as a user said about autogen with another sim a couple years ago looks like someone opened their toybox and spilled it out.

At least it HAS autogen, right? Not all flight sims have that. Or have it everywhere.

It may be a stylistic thing, but I've always liked FSX autogen. I prefer it to that of Microsoft Flight. FSX was more varied and colorful. YMMV.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Still in tweeking mode at moment but 1st impressions are superb.  Getting way better performance and graphical punch than previous (FSX or P3d)...definitely a keeper.  Running an ATI 6950 (single card - 2gigs ram) in eyefinity mode (3 1920x1600 = 57xx) on sandybridge system overclocked to 4800ghz.  So yes, I am asking allot :-)  But when i run smaller rez, very pleased.....many options to tweek...temptation right now is to max everything, which I did (10fps), so now have to back off some for 5700...

Graphics card upgrade in the future for sure.

Reality is always my litmus test-this one is a fail...

I'll report a bit more tomorrow, but I wanted to run P3d2  for a bit with no add ons just to see what it can do. I have it set up with the same graphics settings in-game that I used for P3d 1.4 with nVidia Inspector. As you can see from my profile, I'm running a GTX 680. With the various default aircraft it has no trouble keeping up at 30 fps, as long as I didn't crank all the settings to the max. With everything maxed out, it crawls along at about 12-15 fps. Based on that, I'm guessing that a GTX 780 ti might be able to maintain 20-30 fps with everything maxed out.

TrackIR works fine, BTW. 

The most interesting news (crossing fingers) is that under Win 8.1, my joystick did not disappear. But that may be a consequence of not yet encountering whatever triggers the problem. More on that tomorrow.

Once I get everything going smoothly, I will try various aircraft, weather engines (FSGRW, REX and OPUSFSX), REX sky and water textures and ORBX products (FTX Global, NA PNW and the Iceland Demo). I use MyTraffic X for AI traffic and I'm not sure whether to try to install it, since there hasn't been much on their forum about P3d2 yet.

In general, P3d2 flies quite smoothly and looks better than P3d 1.4 (which looked better by default than FSX because the default settings were higher than FSX). 

Can you elaborate a bit for us?  What failed ?  

What are you talking about?  :rolleyes: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you haven't tried P3D v2 yet yourself.

No I haven't-but the screen shots posted above look like a toybox. If that turns you on go for it-I prefer a rw look. Take my opinion as a rw pilot of 26years and beta tester for fs since 2000 as it might be....

I prefer a rw look

You mean more like XPlane?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

No I haven't-but the screen shots posted above look like a toybox. If that turns you on go for it-I prefer a rw look. Take my opinion as a rw pilot of 26years and beta tester for fs since 2000 as it might be....

I'm going to respond one more time only, but I took ONE screenshot just to get it out there with a framerate check and you're damning it based on that?  Common sense dictates you should wait more than 20 minutes and a single screenshot to declare with finality that "it's a toybox."

is that mouse on screen frame rate drop issue still there or has it been fixed

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

The most important thing here, is that those that have purchased v2 are happy with it, not those who have not and are judging it by screen shots.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.