Sign in to follow this  
WhiteKnuckle

No HDMI Signal from GTX 660ti

I just purchased a LG IPS 29" Ultra Wide along with a new HDMI cable.  I'm unable to get any signal out to the monitor.  I tested the cable which is fine and installed the delivered LG software.  I just wonder if my mobo (see my side board) doesn't support HDMI graphics?  Have sent query to Gigabyte but no response yet.  I'm running with DVI for now but it does seem a bit strange.

WK

Its actually the video card that decides what signal is sent to the monitor not usually the mobo. HDMI is basically no different image wise to DVI-D it just adds in a sound channel as well.

Have you checked with the LG manual that you may have to set the monitor to receive an HDMI signal - I had a similar issue recently when I switched from a DVI-D cable to display port cable and wondered why I was staring at a blank screen. A few button pushes later and I had a picture as usual. So it may be a setup issue or a faulty port on either the monitor or card.

Regards

pH

set the monitor to receive an HDMI signal

Yes I did that, been caught out before  :lol:.  I'm getting new mobo and cpu at Xmas so will try again then.  The card is quite new, still had the plastic cover on the port.  It's funny that my system at work has also been temperamental - 2 x 27" Ultra Sharp on Quadro 2000 (HDMI and display port).  Maybe I'm cursed or something  :unsure:

Good luck Tom - hope you get it sorted.

Success!  The connection is not a particularly tight fit and takes a little fiddling but good now.  I actually got the shop to test it today with the HDMI cable which itself wasn't cheap.  I got a reply from Gigabyte so I might get back to them and see what they think about that.