Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

TrackIR compatible?

I can't see that asked anywhere: is TrackIR 4 compatible with P3D v2?

Thanks!

James Goggi

My TrackIR isn't working, not sure if there's something i have to enable somewhere.

I cannot make it work. Updated the games libraries in trackir program... but nothing.. Cannot make it work.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Just a wild guess but maybe some of you have been using EZDOK or OpsuFSX and for those you had to rename two files in the TrackIR folder. Don't forget to rename them back to the original name before you try TrackIR with P3D!

Just a wild guess but maybe some of you have been using EZDOK or OpsuFSX and for those you had to rename two files in the TrackIR folder. Don't forget to rename them back to the original name before you try TrackIR with P3D!

Ok, but then EZDOK will not work? Thus another question: does EZDOK work in P3D?

James Goggi

That is!! The problem is when I want to fly fsx...... renaming all the time... 

Well thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Ok, but then EZDOK will not work? Thus another question: does EZDOK work in P3D?

I don't use EZDOK (anymore) but I remember reading last weekend that EZDOK will probably not work in P3D 2.0.

That is!! The problem is when I want to fly fsx...... renaming all the time... 

Well thanks!

You're welcome. Glad I guessed right.  ^_^

I don't use EZDOK (anymore) but I remember reading last weekend that EZDOK will probably not work in P3D 2.0.

If that's the case, P3D is no go for me, the vibration effects of EZDOK are immersive and I can't help without them...

James Goggi

It worked in P3D 1.4 so I don;t see why it wouldn't work in 2.0.

I used EZDOK, although I don't remember renaming any files, and TrackIR works fine. TrackIR shows 'Prepar3D' as 'Title', so it obviously knows about it.

PS Just spotted that your question refers to TIR 4, I'm using 5.

Petraeus

track ir works with p3d 1 and 2 only if there is installed before fsx, i don't know why i think they use same profile....that is my experience...after i installed fsx track ir works also in p3d...

I have TIR on a system that never had FSX installed - works just fine.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

track ir works with p3d 1 and 2 only if there is installed before fsx, i don't know why i think they use same profile....that is my experience...after i installed fsx track ir works also in p3d...

That's because FSX installs its own SimConnect version. If you install just P3D and TrackIR doesn't work (or for instance the A2A C172 doesn't work) go to:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

and launch the .MSI files in those folders. TrackIR will work instantly. (I always simply install both MSI's but you might try to see what happens if you only install for example the SP2 one.)

Not everyone needs to do this: it depends on your system for some odd reason.

Bonus tip: I always set TrackIR to High priority (in Windows itself): this elmininates minor stutters you might get when you look around with TrackIR. WIth TIR at High P3D 2.2 is totally smooth.

In order to do this automatically whenever you start TrackIR, go to the shortcut of TrackIR, rightcklik on it, choose Properties and change the target to this:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /high TrackIR5.exe

Works like a charm.