Sign in to follow this  
doog79

Any ideas folks, App hang B1

So FSX has ran great for months, can fly 14 hrs without OOM`s or other issues.  I did upgrade my BIOS the other day on the ASUS P8P67Pro Rev 3.1 as I`m going to stick a 7 series card in it before I get a gen 3 motherboard and CPU.  My overclock is stable and temps are very good, better than with the older bios I was running.

Maybe someone has an idea.  I did install FSInn & FS Copilot the other day but they all seem to be working without issue.

Thanks Doogie

Version=1
EventType=AppHangB1
EventTime=130299418615696153
ReportType=1
Consent=1
ReportIdentifier=bda5f41e-5694-11e3-b0bc-5404a6488e5c
IntegratorReportIdentifier=bda5f41f-5694-11e3-b0bc-5404a6488e5c
WOW64=1
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=fsx.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=10.0.61637.0
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=46fadb14
Sig[3].Name=Hang Signature
Sig[3].Value=59c9
Sig[4].Name=Hang Type
Sig[4].Value=2048
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Hang Signature 1
DynamicSig[22].Value=59c9cf0d0c5e9fb621de08c4a204184f
DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Hang Signature 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=1205
DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Hang Signature 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=1205fdea16b301968897095cca6db919
DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Hang Signature 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=59c9
DynamicSig[26].Name=Additional Hang Signature 5
DynamicSig[26].Value=59c9cf0d0c5e9fb621de08c4a204184f
DynamicSig[27].Name=Additional Hang Signature 6
DynamicSig[27].Value=1205
DynamicSig[28].Name=Additional Hang Signature 7
DynamicSig[28].Value=1205fdea16b301968897095cca6db919
UI[3]=Microsoft Flight Simulator® is not responding
UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution. If you close the program, you might lose information.
UI[5]=Check for a solution and close the program
UI[6]=Check for a solution and close the program
UI[7]=Close the program
FriendlyEventName=Stopped responding and was closed
ConsentKey=AppHangXProcB1
AppName=Microsoft Flight Simulator®
AppPath=F:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
ReportDescription=A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Perhaps the following link will help - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/333529-sandy-bridge-motherboard-experience/.  I think it's a voltage setting.  Poster #6 had exactly the same AppHang as you had.  Of course FSInn/FSCopilot are suspects too and may not like the fact you upgraded your BIOS.  I have read somewhere that there is a bug with Squawkbox and/or FSInn whereas if you receive a private message, FSX freezes, goes black, and then crashes.  There should be more information on this in the Squawkbox or FSInn forums that you can check out (if you did receive a private message).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks a lot Jim. I installed FSInn/Copilot after the BIOS upgrade but they were not running at the time so I`m suspecting a GFX driver issue which I`ve just upgraded to the latest cleanly. Aso I`ll have a look at that voltage thread you pointed me to. I was expecting some sort of issue upgrading the BIOS and re doing my overclock.

Got to love computers lol

Doogie :)

Jim many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Seems to be all sorted now. Had to add a tiny amount of voltage and everything is running great. Just completed a flight I couldn't make this morning.

Cheers Doogie

Hopefully it is fixed for good.  I thought I had an extremely stable system (as I built it myself :lol: ) but yesterday it crashed with maxed out scenery settings in P3D (I'm doing a lot of testing of that new software).  High settings makes your system work harder.  I had just changed some CPU voltages to those that NickN had recommended (he bought the same system as I have, except memory).  Got an 0124 BSOD stop code and I knew immediately it was the voltages.  Changed them back to Auto (as recommended by ASUS when using the XMP profile) and all is well again.  Thanks for telling us how you fixed your problem.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Seems to be back to normal fingers crossed. Flew EDDF-KJFK in the PMDG 777F without a hitch. Not had to change any settings. Must just have been slight changes to the way the BIOS was with my usual overclock settings.

Whats the saying, if it aint broke don't fix it lol

Doogie