Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Never before could I do this

Remember the days when recording a full frame FSX/P3D video w/ a ton of sliders to the right, 3rd party scenery, and decent frames was laughable at best?  You should try it with v2.. If this doesn't show you how much work was yanked off the CPU I don't what will..

This is w/ Fraps set to capture full frame, 60FPS.. SunskyJet KPHL... Fullscreen and 1080p it for stats watching if you're into that sort of thing.. I am sooooo happy about this.. It's only about a 5-8FPS loss now when you hit the record button.. Before this would have sent you into single digits... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-hGLaKsZgM

f5bGGqm.jpg

hqEcIaP.jpg

RK8BvcW.jpg

vur3YdB.jpg

944OicT.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Now that is a convincing piece of evidence.  Thank you.   I am now less of a skeptic.

The fact that it's keeping up with texture loading while you are going 500 knots over a major city is crazy.

You could never do that in FSX, even with the most tweaked setup.

I actually tried to make it miss a beat with the rapid view changes and panning.. I couldn't shake it.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Haters are still gonna hate, but that's impressive.

Unfortunately, all I get is a fuzzy screen with the message "...not available." :wacko:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Unfortunately, all I get is a fuzzy screen with the message "...not available." :wacko:

Strange.. try the direct link?

Strange.. try the direct link?

Nope. YouTube is sometimes fickle about actually playing videos. I've watched several this morning, but for some reason even the ones I watched earlier won't play now!

Edit: I updated Adobe Flash, then had to shut down IE10 and restart. Now it's working again.

I must say that was quite impressive regarding the scenery and autogen keeping up with your crazy speed and rapid view changes! :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm really glad to see someone having great success with it. I haven't been able to get it to run like butter on my system yet and I've set down a lot of settings. Is there one particular setting that really bites FPS?

Radeon HD 6800, AMD Phenom X4 955 3.20, 4 gigs if anyone is wondering..

With the steam aircraft I hover around 20-25 FPS (locked at 30) but if I get in the F-22 or F-35 I drop down to around 8-15

I'm really glad to see someone having great success with it. I haven't been able to get it to run like butter on my system yet and I've set down a lot of settings. Is there one particular setting that really bites FPS?

Radeon HD 6800, AMD Phenom X4 955 3.20, 4 gigs if anyone is wondering..

With the steam aircraft I hover around 20-25 FPS (locked at 30) but if I get in the F-22 or F-35 I drop down to around 8-15

HD 6800? That's a mobile GPU.. That is your hangup right there. Disable shadows.. Also.. Jack that FPS lock up to unlimited.. This isn't FSX where you need to set it for 30 to eliminate blurries etc.. Unleash the beast!  It should help a lot. 

HD 6800? That's a mobile GPU.. That is your hangup right there. Disable shadows.. Also.. Jack that FPS lock up to unlimited.. This isn't FSX where you need to set it for 30 to eliminate blurries etc.. Unleash the beast!  It should help a lot. 

Dang, thanks for the quick reply! I'll try that out and see if it helps. Thanks a bunch.

Great vid, and thanks for sharing your setup!

I've been seeing this a lot actually. Folks with nicely clocked CPUs but bottleneck GPUs who get nice performance in FSX but terrible in P3D. 

Guys this platform takes almost ALL the load onto the GPU, you will get really nice performance with a GTX 600 series or higher. You can even downclock your CPU back to default, it fortunately doesn't make much of a difference anymore.