Sign in to follow this  
eminyilmaz

Fatal error during installation of v2

Guys, I am trying to install v2 now but it stops at the end with an error message "Error 1406. Could not write value Complete to key\Products\A8FF3B2933C3CFE458D0FC925E24299D\Features. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

I've downloaded installation package twice just in case the first one corrupted but I had same result. I have p3d 1.4 installed and working well. I asked this to LM forum. They've suggested that I should run installer as admin which I've already tried and didn't work, and uninstall p3d 1.4 and try again. I don't want to uninstall v1.4 yet because I am using gazillion addons with it.

Any ideas other than uninstalling 1.4 or complete format? Thanks in advance.

Try this:

1. Start your computer in "Safe Mode"
  2. Run the P3D installation as "Administrator"
  3. Reboot computer to normal

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello,

I have the exact same error message.  Did you solve this issue?

Thanks

Steve

This seems a common error actually. Unfortunately, I couldn't solve it without resetting my system (after taking system backup with acronis).  Installation finished without error message, but I am having lot of ctds with v2 right now. I had no problem with 1.4. So, don't know what's happening with new version.  

Oh, I see. I looked for that registry entry but couldn't locate it. This would be helpful for others as well. Thank you. 

I had this same error (different key listed). P3D v2 runs fine, but when I just now tried installing FS Global 2010 with their installer for P3Dv2, I got errors (appears to be unable to find the P3D v2 path).

Going to try Steve's solution and see if it works for me.

What a pain.