Sign in to follow this  
eelis

Say something...

Ok, now that I have been forced back into FSX for awhile, the A2A J3 Cub with Accu-sim is a ball. How to go nowhere fast. Wish it was in Flight. I never got to fly a Cub in real life. Started out with the C-150 for my PPL, then rented a C-172 or a Grumman AA5A. Even jumped out of a 172 for awhile. I know, why leave a perfectly good aircraft in flight? Because it is a real rush!

Steve

The first one is a DeHavilland Beaver. Yes, the second one is a Twin Otter.

This topic is quite old, but I found 2 DLCs for Microsoft Flight while browsing SteamDB:

https://steamdb.info/app/203880/

https://steamdb.info/app/203882/

It seems like they were already preparing the release of the Cessna 208 Caravan and the DHC-2 Beaver when Flight got shut down.

Those would have been wonderful and realistic additions to Flight as they are both fairly prevalent in Alaska and some limited use in Hawaii.

It's interesting that this also confirms some suspicions that turboprops were in the future for Flight.

Oh well. What could have been. Sad.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Actually, Flight as it is currently released has code in it for Turboprops, but I think it wasn't fully tested and is likely buggy.  I believe the Beaver was done and was supposed to be released before Flight was shutdown, but we couldn't get the license for it.  I'm sure that contributed to the shutdown.  It will be interesting to see what Dovetail does with it.  The Cessna was never close to release from what I remember.

Dovetail doing Flight? Thats news. They are releasing FSX in the 18th December. Yes, they did say that they will be releasing their own sim based on Microsoft's flight technology.. Nowhere has it been mentioned that it is Flight! technology...

So, Microsoft's flight technology could be anything, from FS2004, Combat Flight Sim or even Flight!.

NOTHING definite has been mentioned!!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Been too busy to fly lately, but I'm still lurking.

Interested to see what new content could be made or hacked into this game.

Flight makes me happy.

Well, they didn't get code to a FS2004 or Combat Flight Sim.  Having worked on both FSX and Flight, I know they would be pretty dumb to use FSX.  If they go with Flight they have some clear advantages over existing offerings, such as P3D, but if they go with FSX they will be years behind competitors.  It won't be hard to port over a few of the "core" features from FSX to Flight that were left out or disabled in the initial release of the product.  It also fits better with their proven business model for Train Sims since add-ons are way easier to make and distribute in Flight.

Well, they didn't get code to a FS2004 or Combat Flight Sim.  Having worked on both FSX and Flight, I know they would be pretty dumb to use FSX.  If they go with Flight they have some clear advantages over existing offerings, such as P3D, but if they go with FSX they will be years behind competitors.  It won't be hard to port over a few of the "core" features from FSX to Flight that were left out or disabled in the initial release of the product.  It also fits better with their proven business model for Train Sims since add-ons are way easier to make and distribute in Flight.

It's pretty much the only thing that makes any sense. 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Microsoft's flight technology.. 

This includes FSX and the Microsoft Flight engine. Also, why would DTG release a Steam version of FSX and then another modified version? It's logical to think that they will use Flight instead of FSX next year....

Oh my, those screenshots at the top of page two are amazing! Euh - what a shame that Flight did not continue! All the more reason to praise the work of stonelance et al. on this forum. Flight offers a kind of realism and immersion that even X-Plane 10 can't offer some times. I won't ignite a messy debate, it's hard to explain. I enjoy both, but my fantasy is that in time I will spend more and more time in Flight with additional content. :rolleyes: