Sign in to follow this  
aerofreak2053

Problem loading lights and engine textures

When I load the PMDG 737-800 NGX, the fan blades and spinners in the engine intakes are missing, the beacons appear as steady burn lights rather than flashing lights, and the landing lights have different combinations of being on or extended (often different between the left and right sides) in disagreement with the landing light switches.

I've tried reloading the aircraft many times, restarting FSX many times, restarting the computer, reinstalling the liveries, and even repairing the entire 737 8/900 installation. The problem persists.

I've had the for a few months and did not experience these problems until a couple days ago. I've considered reinstalling FSX, but frankly, I'd rather not if there's a better way of fixing this. Thank you for your time.

-Nathan Theriault

Hi there,

Did you ever manage to fix this problem? I have the same issue with the fan blades! Have tried reinstalling both fsx and the aircraft.

Thanks,

Matt

The problem might be double loading the plane. 

Try loading the default 737 at the gate, then switch to the NGX. 

I had missing fan blades when I would load the plane in the preview window before the flight. It would load again when the game booted up.

Missing fan blades is one of those issues the intro manual talks about when it says the NGX has problems loading ontop of itself.