Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Just Flight Revolution-X - this looks brilliant for UK Photo Scenery

Just received an email from Just Flight about their new download called Revolution-X. Looks like the perfect companion for anyone using the Gen X or JF UK photoscenery (like me :)

http://www.justflight.com/product/revolution-x?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=A+revolution+for+FSX+photo-scenery+add-ons&utm_content=A+revolution+for+FSX+photo-scenery+add-ons+CID_e6606f53265b6b56222a9709879c33f1&utm_source=cm&utm_term=Just%20Flight

for anyone who's also interested.

Adam

EDIT: Apologise for spelling! Damn keyboard missed an "l" out in the title..

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I'm looking forward to hearing what people think of this.

Me too! Looks really nice especially at night. I gave up on Earth Simulations Tree Scapes - the installation process was so ludicrous I didn't bother installing it when I reinstalled FSX on an SSD a few weeks back.

Orbx England didn't look accurate enough for any proper VFR navigation so may well buy this tonight to enhance my UK photoscenery.

FSUK.jpg

I bought the treescapes, too. Pleased to see someone else thought the installation was ludicrous, too!

I must admit I'd really only be interested in buying Revolution X if it runs on P3D V2. I can't see why it wouldn't be portable.

I just purchased it. Will post later.

Look forward to reading your review.

FSUK.jpg

Is it necessary to desinstall Tresscape (agn files in texture files) before install Revolution-X ? (sorry for my bad English)

GTX 1660 Ti

Is it necessary to desinstall Tresscape (agn files in texture files) before install Revolution-X ? (sorry for my bad English)

I would. Just in case they effect the Revolution-X installation. Maybe someone from JustFlight will see this thread and help.

FSUK.jpg

Hi,
In regards to whether or not Rev-X will work with Treescapes.
In the FSX system each 1km square in the world has a specific grid number which is used to identify it. This number is used to define the autogen ( .agn ) file that matches a particular location. This means that filenames are predetermined and there can only be one agn file for any given 1km square.
ES-Treescapes uses the same autogen system as RevolutionX so installing RX to an area will overwrite the existing ES-T files.
However for each grid square RX agn files will contain the data for the trees (as with ES-T) and also the buildings so in most cases the results will be preferable.
If you reinstall ES-Treescapes after installing RX you will find that most buildings  will disappear as the “trees plus buildings” files are overwritten by “trees only” files

Both products do a similar job using the same FSX systems and, unavoidably, using the same filenames. You should install one or the other but not both.

If you have any custom agn files (such as those from the VFRAddon project or ones you may have created yourself)  that you wish to retain then these should be backed up before adding the area with RX and restored afterwards.

I must admit I'd really only be interested in buying Revolution X if it runs on P3D V2. I can't see why it wouldn't be portable.

Only if you have Just Flights scenery...Apparently Horizons scenery installed in to Prepar3d breaks their EULA as it is not to be used for training..Personally I don't think they understood the EULA from LM for Prepar3d to say that.

In regards to Revolution X I installed it and done a couple of circuits around Birmingham with the second one at autogen max.

The trees and hedgerows are fine but the buildings are absolutely awful..So default and generic it destroys any form of realism.

I uninstalled it straight away and have asked for a full refund.

What does it bring to the table...Just the hedgerows in my opinion as we have treescapes for the trees lol...

In my opinion it is not reccomended..

Dave

Thanks for that. It did cross my mind that generic buildings may effectively erase the ultimate point of photorealistic scenery.

Thank you about Treescape.

Another small question.

During RX install, is one of this files (or others) modified (in order to backup myself before) :

- AutogenDescription.spb

- default.xml

- Materials.spb

- RoofDescriptions.spb

GTX 1660 Ti