Sign in to follow this  
dazzystar

P3D2 + NI

Hi All,

Has anyone come up with a definitive yes or no to whether NI has any effect over the P3D2 settings? What about the Nvidia desktop settings control panel, does that effect anything?

I've a GTX470 GPU which performs incredibly well in FSX with DX10

Daz

Believe the general consensuses is that NI has no effect. DX10 preview doesnt dump near the work load on the GPU as P3DV2 DX11 does,

One thing I have noticed is that by unchecking tessellation improves P3D2 performance quite dramatically. What I'm trying to avoid is apeing FSX DX10 in P3D2 though!

From other posts I understand that in order to see water movement in all it's DX11 glory you need to set the slider to Ultra which I've done. Didn't see any difference whatsoever! 

I think you can force SSGS but nothing else works.

Vysnc certainly doesnt work through nvidia CP / NVI

MSAA I have heard is not possible to force in DX11 at driver level without a specific driver.

One thing I have noticed is that by unchecking tessellation improves P3D2 performance quite dramatically. What I'm trying to avoid is apeing FSX DX10 in P3D2 though!

From other posts I understand that in order to see water movement in all it's DX11 glory you need to set the slider to Ultra which I've done. Didn't see any difference whatsoever! 

Does disabling tesselation make a noticable visual difference?

NI has problems because a lot of the override settings don't work with DX11, so it's a no go.

P3D2 has dialogue with NVidia to make sure things get optimized, so hopefully no more need for NI.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

SGSSAA in NI works.. Set to Enhance, leave your in game MSAA turned on.. It will help.. There is a balance though. 8X MSAA + 8X SGSSAA will kill your framerates. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

There is a balance though. 8X MSAA + 8X SGSSAA will kill your framerates.

Yes, I can confirm that this will kill your framerates.  Lol.

I forgot I had this enabled and the first time I ran Prepar3D I thought I was running FS 1.0 from SubLogic.  I was getting a very steady 8 FPS.

It works pretty much like DX10 FSX.

You can set SGSS to make AA better. Try 4x.

None of the other settings are really needed anymore.

SGSS works and must be the same multiple as your MSAA setting in P3D (so both at 4x for example). I recommend disabling FXAA if you don't like that blurry effect and using SGSS instead. I saw no difference in frame rates doing this on my GTX 760.

SGSS is present in the cfg. Anyone tried activating it through P3D2 directly?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!