Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Tweaking

Anyone tried any old CFG tweaks from FSX in P3D2 yet?

i.e things like texture_bandwith_multi= etc...?

Ian

Afaik none of them work in P3D 2.0. The only 'tweak' that seems to work (for some) is the Affinity Mask one. All others have become obsolete.

Really? I did not know that! Thanks!

And here is me thinking if I change texture_bandwith_multi=30 to 100 it would work ha!

Ian

Well, if the option is in the cfg, like the one you mention, it does of course WORK ^_^ but (again afaik) you won't have much (if any) benefit from changing the setting like you would do for FSX because P3D 2.0 simply is a different beast.

In the P3D V2 "Learning Center" they mention these tweaks to experiment with:

-FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33 (Lower this for increased performance, but also increased chance of blurry scenery)

-SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30 (Not sure what values can be used)

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14    14 is the value recommended by Lockheed Martin (3 cores), some find 15 to be good(all 4 cores)

I see that TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT is set to 30 in P3D V2 while it defaults to 40 in FSX. In FSX most will prefer 80-120, but I doubt it has any effect changing it in P3D.

FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

I get the same results using the stock CFG in P3D 2.0  or adding [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14  setting. About 35-40% CPU usage max and 46 threads on an I7-3770K OCd to 4.3Ghz. 

However, when I set [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=15, I get worse performance - 20% reduction in FPS, the same amount of threads, and 50% CPU usage.

For me, leaving at stock for now works the best, but it seems like there is a lot of room for improvement of cores/thread usage in P3D that is waiting to be tapped.

I have set the  FFTF to a value of 0.1 and Bufferpools to 0 which has eliminated any stutter.

Cheers,

Michael

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

I ran Bojote's tweaking website on prepar3d.cfg. It made lot's of tweaks, but I didn't see any change in performance.

- Bill Magann

I ran Bojote's tweaking website on prepar3d.cfg. It made lot's of tweaks, but I didn't see any change in performance.

That site is completely obsolete for FSX, much less P3D. It adds way too much stuff that isn't applicable.

It may be obsolete, but I find that it still works great for me. But then I am obsolete according to my wife and kids, so there you go!

- Bill Magann

hi guys I have a question: when I'm in Prepar3Dv2, ground sometimes the screen goes black entirely can be due to this?

Thanks in advance 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Tips and Tricks" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.