Sign in to follow this  
flyingjafo

will Steve need to make a DX 11 fixer?

I have not tried Prepar3d .2 yet so I can only assume this. For all the legacy planes and scenery that needed the DX10 Fixer probably won't work in the new Prepar3d.2 unless steve makes a DX11 Fixer?

Not owning P3D, I don't know the file structure, Jeff. DX10 is "repaired" by modification, correction, replacement and enhancement of the DX10 shader code contained in the ShadersHLSL folder. He has no access to the core code contained in the fsx.exe.   

The LM P3D is a different product, and has far too many differences and changes from the original ESP code for which they are licensed to use in the construction of P3D. 

I would think - *opinion only* - being concerned about non-fsx-compatible legacy software working within P3D or not - is not very high on the LM priorities list. I like my Chipmunk - learned how to fly in them: I like the LH Maddog: I learned how not to do a wet start on a JT8D on this aircraft. The sounds of MAAM-Sim's B25? Priceless. 

All the best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I guess I should have read your question and my reply a little deeper, Jeff.

Steve has "repaired" by modification, correction, replacement and enhancement - the DX10 shader code contained in the ShadersHLSL folder. He did this because it wasn't a finished part of FSX - SP2 when it was released.  Part of the fsx.exe which talks to the DX10 API is also somewhat messed up, too, but this is "done" in stone, now and forever.

P3D's DX11 code is being written and developed as of this moment. It doesn't need fixing!  I'm such a "Duh!" sometimes. 

You are correct in the assumption that the old legacy airports and aircraft that the Fixer did enable to work in DX10 - will not work in DX11 without a "Fixer" of some sort.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul for the explanation. I will have to keep fsx on my rig so I can fly old favorites And have p3d on board for all the newer things. My new xmas list is now a second ssd hard drive for both worlds to exist! Lol

:lol:   It's only money, Jeff!