Sign in to follow this  
machie

Joystick Disconect

Hi All---Happy Thanksgiving,

I am going crazy with this problem---!!!

I have been working on my sim to set up and fly super nice Virtual Airline flights on the West Coast using Shade, and Mega Scenery 2.0, and PMDG NGX 737's and RC, and REX, and my virtual Airline ACARS--when I get this all set up and ready to fly my Joystick disconnects and only the mouse shows up when I go to the FSX controls page---I thought it was my Saitek X-52 so I bought a new Logitech Pro, but the same problem still exists.---so depressing and cannot find any help anywhere on the net---anybody have an answer to this issue?

Cheers

Dorn

Yesterday my Saitech Joystick went out. It was right after a Windows update, don't know if that caused it. I disconnected all of my USB plugs from my tower, waited about a minute, plug them back in and now it works. I hope that works for you.

Dom,

Make sure your power saving mode never shuts down your USB slots. Sometimes a Windows update changes the power mode of your computer.

Dorn,

My recommendation is to set up your joysticks, yokes, and/or pedals using the payware version of FSUIPC.  What OS do you have.  After I purchased my Win 8 computer, I had the same problems with my controllers.  Once I set them up in FSUIPC, I've never had a disconnect, and it's been abut 6 or 7 months now.

I had went though all of USB settings in the Device Manager, ensuring they cannot be shut off by the computer, and they would still disconnect.

Just my recommendation and two cents.

Rod

Rod Beck

Here is a neat little tool to re set all your USB devices.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/usbdeview.html

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks all,

I am making a copy of all your suggestions and will keep it on hand in my "All Things FSX" Notebook. For the moment I am up and running using a little program called FSXAssist--thanks for all the help and everybody enjoy the remainder of the Thanksgiving Holiday!!!

Cheers

Dorn