Sign in to follow this  
red259

Airbus options

I was looking for recommendations since I am interested in trying an airbus. The airbus x extended looks cool, but the caveat is that I have been spoiled by pmdg. The 737ngx is my favorite plane and I like highly realistic aircraft. My understanding is that FSL is developing an airbus although I am not sure when it will be ready for release. I know the airbus x extended was updated. Should I pick up the airbus x extended if I want a realistic simulation? Will the FSL airbus be on par with pmdg in terms of realism? Should I wait for the fsl release?

I was looking for recommendations since I am interested in trying an airbus. The airbus x extended looks cool, but the caveat is that I have been spoiled by pmdg. The 737ngx is my favorite plane and I like highly realistic aircraft. My understanding is that FSL is developing an airbus although I am not sure when it will be ready for release. I know the airbus x extended was updated. Should I pick up the airbus x extended if I want a realistic simulation? Will the FSL airbus be on par with pmdg in terms of realism? Should I wait for the fsl release?

The Aerosoft Airbus X Extended while not containing things like failure and deep systems modelling, is still of equal quality to PMDG releases in my opinion, and actually offers a lot of things that you don't get with PMDG, such as a full checklist system, first officer, etc.

It's a fantastic simulation and by far the best Airbus around.

As a package I agree that the Airbus Extended is excellent, though I don't think I'd go quite so far as to put it level with PMDG products.

I tend to gravitate more towards PMDG level complexity as well, but I do not regret, and actually quite enjoy the AXE.

There are a few caveats that tend to irritate some; no imperial units is certainly one (though I personally couldn't care less), but for me the overall presentation more than makes up for it's shortcomings.

I would rate a solid 4-4.5 out of 5.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Wait for FS Labs.

Why? That is going to be a loooonngg time!

The Airbus Extended is being sold by the Flight Sim store for only (only!) $31 USD.

For that price, you might as well just get it! At the very least, you could use it to become familiar with flying and Airbus vs. a Boeing before the FSL version comes out.

I just purchased it myself, so can't speak from first hand experience, but everything leads to it being a very solid product from Aerosoft.

B.

Why? That is going to be a loooonngg time!

The Airbus Extended is being sold by the Flight Sim store for only (only!) $31 USD.

For that price, you might as well just get it! At the very least, you could use it to become familiar with flying and Airbus vs. a Boeing before the FSL version comes out.

I just purchased it myself, so can't speak from first hand experience, but everything leads to it being a very solid product from Aerosoft.

B.

True the price point is decent, but I think I may just tough it out and wait. If I got the airbus extended I already know I would be tempted to get the fs2crew for it. Besides I still haven't even got a preliminary grip on the dash 8 yet and have some more digging to do into the pmdg 777. Hopefully the wait won't be too long as it would be nice to fly a non-boeing jet. 

Should I pick up the airbus x extended if I want a realistic simulation? Will the FSL airbus be on par with pmdg in terms of realism?

I'd say it comes down to what you think is a "realistic simulation". Is it every day normal operations? In that case the AS Airbus is great indeed. Do you want to have every single switch operative, have a completely realistic fuel consumption, hydraulics simulated in every detail, failures, maybe even service based failures? If so, waiting for the FSL ones would probably be better (although I am not sure whether they actually include all of the above).

Anyway, the FSL Airbus is most likley closer to PMDG in terms of "every system is modelled correctly", but that does not mean that the AS one is not at all a good simulator - it is, and while working on the A318/319 they develop additional features, which will be brought to the AAX as free updates!

I usually get slated for this (potentially biased) opinion but:

The AXE isn't too bad and if you need an Airbus fix "RITE NAO" then buy it. If you're craving the best you can get at home (a la PMDG, A2A, Majestic etc) then you'll have to wait for the FSL.

Ok, now that I tried it out, all I can say is that Aerosoft gives you a ridiculous amount for your money!!!!!!

Really Man,

RAAS, atc sounds, pilot and copilot interaction, fuel manager, livery manager, Config manager, a detailed manual, detailed tutorial, tutorial videos (link on site).

Its NUTS!!! Not just an FCOM and figure it out yourself.

and I paid $31..on sale.. whtf..? Even at the regular $40 this product is undervalued. I have paid more than this and obtained a lot less for my money!

VC textures don't look as nice compared to the NGX and the engines seam quite from the VC (like they are in real life). But hey for the money spent who is complaining!

Thankyou Aerosoft!

B.

I own both NGX and Airbus A320/321 packages and enjoy flying both immensely.

I am thinking of buying the addon (either FDC or MCE, not decided yet) that adds checklist calls to the PMDG just cuz I like it in the A321 so much. I have done some tweaks here and there to make the Airbus my own and I keep watch on their site as there are many repaints and other things coming out from users. Gotta watch the applicability of these 'patches' though - some are for versions earlier than v1.16 and can muck up a good plane install - been there done that. Make backups of whatever you change is the lesson here.

Q-Flyer's PF voice tweak is worth it - I found it online finally and I like his voice and the original female PnF voice together until I have time to record my own PnF voice.