Sign in to follow this  
Adrian Petford

SimLauncher workaround for P3D2

SimLauncher by Maarten Boelens - popular freeware FSX/P3D launcher.

I'm sure Maarten will update his package to support P3Dv2, but for now here's a workaround:

1. Run Pete Dowson's MakeRwys in your P3Dv2 root folder.

2. Copy SimLauncher.flt from FSX saved flights folder to P3Dv2 saved flights folder. DO NOT SAVE THIS FLIGHT IN P3Dv2, IT MUST REMAIN AS AN .FLT FILE.

3. Select SimLauncher.flt as the default flight in P3D.

4. Set up P3Dv2 paths in SimLauncher. You'll need to manually set the configuration folder, scenery.cfg folder and saved flights folder.

5. Use SimLauncher as normal.

V2 has a show "scenerio startup" screen? Its currently causing black screens so I dont use it but it looks really nice when they get it fixed.

Yes, you do have that choice (I'm also not currently using it due to the black screen issue). P3D's Scenario Setup looks very nice and it's fantastic they included it but SimLauncher has many more options available for setting up flights.

I also don't like the way Scenario Setup lists the aircraft based on the title= field in aircraft.cfg rather than manufacturer, type, variation, which makes for a messy list if you have a lot of aircraft and repaints installed. SimLauncher isn't as nice visually but I still prefer it as in my opinion, it's more functional.

Good to be able to have a choice though!

Its currently causing black screens

I'm also not currently using it due to the black screen issue

Going to windowed mode before you quit P3D solves this problem. Or check the Prepar3D.cfg before start P3D to make sure Fullscreen=False (which means windowed mode) and NOT True.