Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

OMG my first OOM !

Got an OOM on approach to FlyTampa's CYUL with FTGX and UTX Canada installed.

max LOD slider. Aerosoft's Airbus Extended. Too much AI via Traffic360

3.9G RAM and 3G VRAM used at time of crash

Guess I shoul slide back on the LOD before aproach. At least you can do this in P3D, whereas not with FSX which required a restart

LOD 6.5 is a killer in both sims. 

I'm sure plenty would like to know how your sim does at 4.5 but in the same situation. Care to give it a try?

At 5.5 LOD it might be OK.

Is that not what the before-last setting is?

You can always check the .cfg to see what the actual number setting is.

Got an OOM on approach to FlyTampa's CYUL with FTGX and UTX Canada installed.

max LOD slider. Aerosoft's Airbus Extended. Too much AI via Traffic360

These are the least forgiving addons on FSX and caused me too many OOMs in FSX. Now, if you take the greatness of P3Dv2 along with these three addons and the AI traffic and FTGx... hum...  :rolleyes:  :ph34r: someone is looking for deep fried OOMs hahaha!

Frederick

ever since using steve's dx10 fixer in fsx im not getting any OOMS whatsoever.

my asus motherboard has a util called ai suite II  and it used to make a "ding" every minute or so to advise the cpu (i7K) was working over time, I could always gurantee after getting 3 of them the OOM was on its way. It would happen like clockwork at EGLL, KLAX, KSFO etc etc etc, if I was using the pmdg 747, ng or 777 with ultimate traffic 2.

my last flight was using all these addons below at the same time and the sim never flinched, so until I find that P3D is the bomb ill still be using fsx

pmdg 777

Ultimate traffic 2 (full sliders)

fsdreamteam cyvr

vancouver + v3

orbx pnw

megascenery washington

ultimate terrain

orbx global

fsglobal

activesky

squaxbox

xsplit streaming to twitch

not one OOM since using steve dx fixer... ive had fsx from the very start and ive lost hair over tweaking, ooms and ntd.dll errrors... not had any since going to dx10 

14ppkc-6.png

I have to admit, if I could have got Steve's fixer to work, then I would probably not even be considering P3D. I hated the water and thought it was pants compared to DX9 and I couldn't get Vsync to work in fullscreen mode, so I abandoned it. I'm really surprised at the OOM errors people are reporting, I mean, isn't that what V2 was supposed to eradicate? Also, I was always under the impression that an LOD of 6.5 was default in P3D?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I was always under the impression that an LOD of 6.5 was default in P3D

The highest slider setting is 6.5 (in FSX it was 4.5). You can edit it in the cfg though to anything you want.

Hi Jeroen, sure, I was just under the impression that 6.5 in P3D was like the default, rather than being the maximum. I mean, that's just the same as FSX, you may as well say that 4.5 is the minimum and 6.5 is the maximum.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I mean, that's just the same as FSX.

Er... the maximum you could set in FSX with the slider was 4.5. In p3D it's 6.5. So the slider positions in the options menu stand for (totally) different values...?

I have to admit, if I could have got Steve's fixer to work, then I would probably not even be considering P3D. I hated the water and thought it was pants compared to DX9 and I couldn't get Vsync to work in fullscreen mode, so I abandoned it. I'm really surprised at the OOM errors people are reporting, I mean, isn't that what V2 was supposed to eradicate? Also, I was always under the impression that an LOD of 6.5 was default in P3D?

"I'm really surprised at the OOM errors people are reporting, I mean, isn't that what V2 was supposed to eradicate?".

Well, I am now going to wait to see some V2 fixes before I purchase it.

Maybe I will have to get a new PC first, just to be on the safe side.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

"I'm really surprised at the OOM errors people are reporting, I mean, isn't that what V2 was supposed to eradicate?".

Well, I am now going to wait to see some V2 fixes before I purchase it.

Maybe I will have to get a new PC first, just to be on the safe side.

Me too... I'm also looking... wait for it... dare I say it... XP10!

Howard

Me too... I'm also looking... wait for it... dare I say it... XP10!

And.

Or, how about P3D (64 bit) ... and a new PC ... dreaming again!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

And.

Or, how about P3D (64 bit) ... and a new PC ... dreaming again!

Well Vaughan, I certainly don't need a new PC, that's for sure. P3D 64 bit doesn't exist, so sure, a choice between P3D and XP.

Howard