Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The menu crashes are borderline rediculous

95% of the crashes I have are entering and exiting a menu..

The latest one I just had.. I was flying for 5 minutes and decided I wanted to change the weather.. Hold ALT to bring up the menu bar, navigate to settings/weather *click*......*CRASH dinput8.dll*.......................................  man should I go old school and drop UIAUTOMATION.DLL in my sim directory? ridiculous.. I can fly for hours with no problem but the menu system is a joke

Before that

The Open Procedure for service ".NETFramework" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscoree.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
at SlimDX.ComObject.Destruct()
at SlimDX.ComObject.Dispose(Boolean)
at Core.Controls.InputDevice.Dispose()
at Core.Controls.InputDevice.Finalize()

The one before that

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.0.9448.0, time stamp: 0x528edbf4
Faulting module name: D3DCOMPILER_43.dll, version: 9.29.952.3111, time stamp: 0x4bf73239
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001c4829
Faulting process id: 0x1654
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceebbf86c28b2c
Faulting application path: G:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\D3DCOMPILER_43.dll
Report Id: e6c90228-57b2-11e3-8005-14dae91b538e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

and before that

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.0.9448.0, time stamp: 0x528edbf4
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.16408, time stamp: 0x523d45fa
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0001e12c
Faulting process id: 0x1374
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceebb1085a0161
Faulting application path: G:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 86f7cb04-57a4-11e3-8005-14dae91b538e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

and yes all my .NET frameworks are up to date

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Perhaps I am less enraged vis-a-vis P3Dv2 or perhaps it is just luck but the five CTDs I had related to the menu did not happen again... for now! I know how frustrating that is... I couldn't get my mind around the fact that LM had done so much work in the sim without even stablizing the menus...  <_< You might want to check the Aero Peek (and make sure it's off) as someone at LM told me it could perhaps be the source of the problem.

For the time being, restart P3D, have a beer and... cheers!  B)

Frederick

FFS man should I go old school and drop UIAUTOMATION.DLL in my sim directory?

I saw it documented somewhere and YES you should. It worked for me.

(Going back a few years I seem to recall it has something to do with Windows7 64Bit regional problems).

Enjoy

Hopefully they release some hotfixes instead of waiting to fix all this months from now in the 2.1 release. 

I saw it documented somewhere and YES you should. It worked for me.

(Going back a few years I seem to recall it has something to do with Windows7 64Bit regional problems).

Enjoy

So there are others using the Vista UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL in v2 for the same reason?  I just grabbed it and will try it and see if it cures the crashes.. Part of me wants to hope not as it would be sad if this bug still lingers... On the other hand I'm sick of the sim crashing and hope it does work. 

Hopefully they release some hotfixes instead of waiting to fix all this months from now in the 2.1 release. 

I do too. I don't want to refund it but these menu crashes are a deal breaker for me.  There is no rhyme or rhythm to it.. I could be in the menu 20 times in one flight and nothing.. Then another flight it will crash on the first attempt to go into a menu. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Well one thing is for sure ...... You have a better chance of a hotfix for P3d from LM than you do from Microsoft for FSX (FACT)  :Party:

Have you tried re-running the DirectX End-User Runtime installer (you can download it from Microsoft) You seem to get a lot of different errors relating to core system and DirectX files. Also make sure to update video and sound card drivers.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Have you tried re-running the DirectX End-User Runtime installer (you can download it from Microsoft) You seem to get a lot of different errors relating to core system and DirectX files. Also make sure to update video and sound card drivers.

Been there done that. This guy has the same dumb crap happen.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427206-configuration-observations-and-tips/page-2#entry2863701

All my stuff is up to date. 1.4 ran fine.. Everything on my system runs perfect and I play multiple DX11 games and lots of Photshop etc.. Except v2.. 

Odd… Yesterday, while testing shadows, I've been in and out of the menu numerous times and P3D was rock solid. I kept it running in the background while doing other things and nothing could bring it down, so it seemed. I did have a CTD once, earlier this week,but that was without ANY error message. 

Are you perhaps using a specific 'heavy' plane? An add-on that's not really 2.0 compatible? I have to say that it's nice how a lot of debs release P3D 2.0 developers but up to now all that means is that the installer knows the path to P3D 2.0: they seldom check if the add-on actually works well with P3D. P3D isn't FSX so there are bound to be differences that influence add ons.

So do you use specific weather add-on, scenery, whatever? I know the crashes come when you access the menu but it could be there is an incompatibility between the menu and an add-on somehow.

This has been happening since the first Vanilla install of P3D..  I'm about to give up on it I will do yet another GD uninstall of the entire thing and run it entirely Vanilla.. AGAIN..  And seriously. This is all about backwards compatibility. If a plane that was fine in Prepar3D 1.4 is suddenly causing menus to crash.. That's not very backwards..  

1.4 was a rock for the most part and it was completely incompatible with Windows 8.. Yet here we are with a compatible build that is about as stable as house of cards

First thing I did was paste the uiautomationcore.dll file into the sim.

Works for me.

When the fix for the AXE comes along,I'll be a happy camper.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

FYI, I have same problem with vanilla v2 and uiautomationcore.dll fix didn't work. 

hi Im getting the same... im very close to asking for a refund.

can someone advise a link for the uiautomationcore.dll please (i have it installed but want to check the right version)

also can some advise on aero peek please.

many thanks

14ppkc-6.png

I never get a CTD or any of the errors you're experiencing. Because of that, as a software developer I can assure you that the problems you're seeing are system related and not P3D related. The phrase 'system related' does not mean your system is flawed or whatever, it means that your system configuration (of which there are thousands of possibilites) is the reason for the crashes.

Now, that does not mean that something can't be done about it by Lockheed-Martin... what it means is there's something about your system (whatever it is) that is absolutely not playing nice and the fact it is not across all systems makes it very difficult to track down.

I know you want to blame Prepar3D, you want to blame Lockheed-Martin... but I suspect the blame lies squarely on Microsoft (not ACES) and they are notorious for not working with third-party developers to resolve core OS issues.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I never used to get a ctd on fsx when it was installed, my system hasnt changed, its not flawed, and its not the user, the only thing thats changed is the version of the flightsim.

Im very glad your system runs well, I also know thats a standard answer for IT proffesionals, "well it works our end"

we have that fed to us daily in the airline ops office I work in, when one our software is playing up, however when its numerous computer desks all with the same problem its a software fault mate.  

I apolgise for sound patronising, im not.. its lots of people who are having the same problems with a tinkered version of fsx being rolling out for commerial gain

14ppkc-6.png