Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The menu crashes are borderline rediculous

I've never experienced a menu crash, but what I can reproduce 100% of the time, is if I pause then switch to another program, when I return to P3D it will have reduced its window size (to around 50%) and I see the blue ring spinning.

'P3D has encountered an error.........'

Is this a known issue?

@tooting: If, as you state, the cause of the problems was entirely "the software," then surely it would affect the vast majority of folks using it?

The fact that it is only occurring to a relatively few users, coupled with the fact that the "fault" being described here is only one of several dozen other reported issues, makes determining and properly assigning any "blame" an exercise in futility.

Similar to the case of some users of FSX (including myself!) having to install a specific Vista version of the uiautomationcore.dll to prevent menu crashes, neither did that make it FSX's "fault..."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The Vista uiautomationcore.dll fixed this issue for me, I recommend giving it a try.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

After I got an overview of the known bugs (and avoid them where possible) I haven't had a single CTD or OOM. I have lots of FS9 and FSX addons running (no payware) and all is fine and dandy on my ancient computer.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Ive had the uiautomationcore.dll for years since win7 came out... i had it in fsx, and I have it in p3d to no avail im still getting ctds, all the time. its so very frustrating.

which version do you have 6.0.6001.18000 or 6.0.5840.16386 ??

14ppkc-6.png

Who is pipes123?  Member since 05-APR-07, only 12 posts and wanders through marking two of my posts in the past week or so negatively but offers no input whatsoever.

I find that...... odd.  Not that I really care about the 'rating' per se... just find it.... odd. LOL

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

which version do you have 6.0.6001.18000 or 6.0.5840.16386 ??[/size]

The Vista version is 6.0.5840.16386

http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.html

Who is pipes123?  Member since 05-APR-07, only 12 posts and wanders through marking two of my posts in the past week or so negatively but offers no input whatsoever.

I find that...... odd.  Not that I really care about the 'rating' per se... just find it.... odd. LOL

Not a clue, Ed. I've never seen any posts from him (her?)...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I haven’t had this issue with V2 yet. I did a complete rebuild of my setup before installing V2 so I could start out fresh. This time I used the newer win7 x64 with SP1 DVD since it saves some time not having to install SP1. I made sure after the install that all current windows updates were applied as always.

If anyone is having this issue with V2 and is running win 7 x64 have you made sure you are current with windows updates? I know there are many other factors. I just don’t see it as a specific software issue at least with my setup.

I also haven’t had any OOM issues either.

I’m currently running V2 with FS Global Ultimate, FTX Global, FTX Vector, REX4. My cockpit is setup for flying the Cessna 172 or 182. I have the F1T SS G1000 running on a 2nd machine networked to the main sim with a touchscreen powered by a GTX 560 Ti. My main sim is a 3x monitor setup @ 4800x900 powered by a GTX 780 Ti.

I haven’t had this issue with V2 yet. I did a complete rebuild of my setup before installing V2 so I could start out fresh. This time I used the newer win7 x64 with SP1 DVD since it saves some time not having to install SP1. I made sure after the install that all current windows updates were applied as always.

If anyone is having this issue with V2 and is running win 7 x64 have you made sure you are current with windows updates? I know there are many other factors. I just don’t see it as a specific software issue at least with my setup.

I also haven’t had any OOM issues either.

I’m currently running V2 with FS Global Ultimate, FTX Global, FTX Vector, REX4. My cockpit is setup for flying the Cessna 172 or 182. I have the F1T SS G1000 running on a 2nd machine networked to the main sim with a touchscreen powered by a GTX 560 Ti. My main sim is a 3x monitor setup @ 4800x900 powered by a GTX 780 Ti.

Did you slipstream the SP1 files in, or is this a download?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Did you slipstream the SP1 files in, or is this a download?

I just downloaded the full updated ISO from Microsoft.