Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Some really good Comparison Videos

Both simply demonstrate the difference in coloring, atmospherics, autogen popup, texture loading, lighting, shadowing, etc. between FSX/1.4 and 2.0.

He's also got some stress test videos and a video of the Q400 out of Cairns in heavy weather that really shows off the water towards the end. 

He's using a 660ti if that interests you.

Thanks for sharing, these are quite interesting to look at and compare!

Cheers!

The biggest standout to me besides the atmospherics/lighting is the ability of 2.0 to keep up with autogen/texture loading. What an absolute visual game changer. 

When he's doing the jet video FSX is struggling so bad that entire blocks of autogen aren't loading and things look very sparse even close by. In 2.0 it stays sharp and fully loaded with little popup (I can't actually notice any but I'm sure there's some).

Nice!!! The difference between P3D and FSX/P3D 1.4 when it comes to autogen is incredible! BTW I wonder how this guy managed to do this…? Both flights are pretty much in sync! Excellent job! I also like the mood of 2.0 more: looks far more realistic. 

BTW I wonder how this guy managed to do this…? Both flights are pretty much in sync!

FS Recorder I suspect ... freeware program with some nice features, a must for making videos.

Rich

Well done and informative! Topic pinned

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

What interests me is how the cloud placement is almost identical between the 2 sims regardless of fsrecorder

What interests me is how the cloud placement is almost identical between the 2 sims regardless of fsrecorder

I noticed that too…!

He's probably using a saved flight file and replaying it in each sim.

This will result in identical cloud placement.

I also noticed the landclass in the Miami video is much better in P3D. Check out when he flies over the outlying islands. I asked him about it and will see if he's running an addon.

If not it appears LM did do some work to the landclass (these could be back from 1.0).

I still see autogen pop-ups in v2...too bad.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I still see autogen pop-ups in v2...too bad. Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk.

Yes, it certainly has to appear somewhere! But the effect is much better controlled and not so noticeable as in FSX.

And just imagine what will happen if we see a further increase of the LOD in later version with SLI/Crossfire systems...

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I still see autogen pop-ups in v2...too bad.

It obviously also depends on your settings and the view. A view behind the aircraft usually shows you a more zoomed in view on the ground. And I do think the creator of the video didn't have the radius at the highest setting. When I fly I never notice autogen popping up.

Autogen popup seems to happen only way in the distance. And considering it is way more dense in P3Dv2, this is certainly a success story.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Autogen popup seems to happen only way in the distance. And considering it is way more dense in P3Dv2, this is certainly a success story.

Yes, it pop s up further away, but on my PC it's so far away you can't really see it so that's why I think his setting isn't very high. In his video I still find it quite annoying: not so on my PC. I do have to say though that I usually fly NOT with visibility at unlimited: I like a lower visibility simply because it is more real. And in P3D that visibility looks more real too: a slightly blue haze in which you can see 'ghosts' of building in the distance. The first time I flew towards New York my jad dropped on the floor because I could see EVERY building already on the horizon. In FSX I never ever ever ever saw anything like it.

I almost feel like installing FSX so I can show the differences but that's a bit too much... ^_^

Who cares about slight autogen popup if everything else is better and smoother?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png