Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Some really good Comparison Videos

I almost feel like installing FSX so I can show the differences but that's a bit too much...

Save yourself the effort. These videos are convincing enough. :smile:

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I still see autogen pop-ups in v2...too bad. We may still have some autogen popup in the distance with V2.0 but compared to FSX where you would have the runway in sight yet autogen would continuously continue to pop up when on short finals, I see absolutely no reason to complain about it. Thanks for sharing these comparisons.

Autogen will always have to load somehow. The fact that its now relegated to the outskirts of the LOD radius is night and day compared to FSX.

About halfway through the first video perfectly illustrates this.

I still see autogen pop-ups in v2...too bad. Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk.

I didn't see one. V2 is far improved in this area. It makes a huge difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I watch the Q400 vid,

The Q400 is by far the most FPS friendly aircraft you could wish for, for a aircraft of that class. FPS are amazing.

But....

It looked like he had no VC shadows on, FPS are in the teens at best low 20's, the ground textures where a blurry mess. The sea looks so bad it made me lol. And your all impressed? come on guys It's going to be the future but stop looking at it though rose canny glasses.

The other one taking of from London city shows better auto gen but the ground textures are loading much better in 1.4 than 2.

LOD is a lot better, VC shadows are great. That's it at the moment. A good start.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I don't gain anything trying to convince you otherwise so I won't spend a lot of time doing so.

I'll simply point out that these comparison videos show way more then LOD and VC shadows.

You are also pointing out perceived bad performance at Orbx Cairns in the q400 which is a scenery bad on frames regardless in FSX. The blurriness around the airport are the sceneries lower res photo textures. He's also running full bad weather, water on ultra, full shadows, and recording it which will kill performance. You simply can't measure from a YouTube video. Too many variables that influence the output when using a recording program.

What you can do is try P3D for yourself for 60 days and return it if you don't like it.

Excellent videos.

Thanks for sharing.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It seems still on P3d2.0 the ground shadows/autogen shadows are OFF? so it doesn't show full potential difference.