Sign in to follow this  
WILDHEART3003

HDR Problem

Hi to all the X-Plane enthusiasts,

With all the recent HD mesh + Skymaxx Pro release for X-Plane, I am finally pull into X-plane website and download the demo version for a try. After playing around with the rendering settings, I want to see what will be the difference with HDR on. But the result is enough for me not to try the product any further.

I have consider pretty high specification PC: Core i7 2700K, ATI 7950, 8mb DDR3 low latency RAM.

I have tried every rendering options from low HDR AA, with combination of high AF and vice versa. Nothing seem to change. I have also play around with the texture resolution, cloud and world detail, no luck!

Enclose are 2 screen shots, one with HDR off:

YZOJ8.png

And with HDR on:

gIUfF.png

And this one in 3D cockpit mode with HDR on:

NkbV.png

The aircraft windscreen has all the line texture and clouds is pixelated. I would appreciate if any experience X-plane simmer can give me some advice. Thanks!

That's right the demo is always the latest release....

Strange....

Thx for help, but...

I already have the latest Beta driver 13.11

And, the demo is version 10.25

Well, it happens only with HDR on, so it could be a bug. Try filing a bug report here:

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Include a brief description of the problem, a screenshot where the issue is evident (like the last image you posted above), and the "log.txt" file (found in the main X-Plane folder).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

It also could be a bad downlod....

I thought the same at first. Deleted the whole X-plane demo folder and tried another download, but still the same. :(

Anyone else using those same beta graphics card drivers and X-plane with no issues?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I would love to hear more from13.11 beta users if they have any issue that similar to my problem before I submit the bug report to xplane. If is the driver then perhaps I will try to back date my driver.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I would love to hear more from13.11 beta users if they have any issue that similar to my problem before I submit the bug report to xplane. If is the driver then perhaps I will try to back date my driver. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hello lad. I have an Radeon HD6670, I'm running the latest beta drivers (13.11) and I have the same problem, only with HDR on... I think I'll try the latest non-beta drivers and see what happens..

Cheers!

Couldn't find the edit button. Anyway, after some light testing, rolling back to the 13.9 drivers seems to solve the tearing and strange lines on the glass.... 

The latest, 2 Dec 2013 X-Plane developer blog posting might be of interest to you.

http://developer.x-plane.com/

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.