Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Limited Operation on Reinstall

Hi, great software.

I am trying to transfer Opus from my old computer to my new upgraded computer.

On the new computer I downloaded the OpusFSX_Flight1_Purchase.exe and using the reinstall option I let it install to it's default C:Opus Software folder.

I copied my previous OpusFSX.lic and opusopusfsx .key files to this Opus Software folder and then ran the OpusFSX.msi installer which installed Opus to C:OpusFSX.

Opus recognises FSX and does work but it operates in Limited Operation mode only.

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

You can move the msi to another location but must leave the licence and key files on drive C in the C:\Opus Software folder.

Make sure you only have one copy of OpusFSX installed in Windows Control Panel using the Uninstall Programs option (not some Cleaner type package). 

All the FS... EXE and DLL files in the OpusFSX folder should have the same date, if they don't then uninstall OpusFSX and reinstall.

It may be a problem with a corrupt licence file. Reinstall the Flight1 purchase wrapper again.

If you still can't reinstall then request a new key file from Flight1.

Cheryl

Lic file unique to pc must reactivate using key file, details in faq

That solved it.

Thanks to both of you,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.