Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Will DuoCore work?

I asked this question in another thread but recieved no comments so I'm asking in a new thread and hopeful of a constructive answer?

My my system;  'Intel® Core2 Duo CPU  E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Installed memory (RAM) is 8. 00 GB

Graphics are 'Radeon 5770'

Okay I know its a bit ancient but It's all I can afford :(

Will it run P3D please?

Your answers (Constructive) appreciated?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I'd just like to thank everyone that replied, you really are so observant!

Dave Taylor gb.png

Looks like it got lost in the flood of posts when P3dv2 launched.

I see your card is DX11 so it should work. I have to be honest and say that you wont see any miracles, but you might be able to fine tune P3D to run smoother than if you are running FSX. My only suggestion is to try and see and move those sliders down a little.

Take the positive approach that it will work for you rather than a negative view. Afterall, if it doesn't  ...... ask for a refund. You have 60 days.

I asked this question in another thread but recieved no comments so I'm asking in a new thread and hopeful of a constructive answer?

My my system;  'Intel® Core2 Duo CPU  E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Installed memory (RAM) is 8. 00 GB

Graphics are 'Radeon 5770'

Okay I know its a bit ancient but It's all I can afford :(

Will it run P3D please?

Your answers (Constructive) appreciated?

I'm in the same boat until I sell my other house. I have a system similar to yours. My bet is you'll be o.k. as I will see in a few days when I'm up and running. The issue for me is everything else runs great on my system but FSX. It's like a properly programed piece of software has no issue. I use Aerofly FS, X-Plane, Flight, and FS9 on my system without issue. My bet is with P3D v2 I'll have to cut off ground shadows, lower the setting of water effects, have little to no traffic and I should be o.k.. So I say give it a shot and see. I sure am in a few days.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I would recommend getting an updated graphics card if you are able to do that.  I don't know where you live, but many places that sell graphics cards offer a good return policy like Best Buy, Fry's, Microcenter, etc.  And wouldn't you know it, LM also offers a 60 day return policy (kind of like a demo on steroids).  With those two things going for you, you could drop a bit of money and try it out for a period of time.  If things don't work out, then process a return for both items and you are not out anything but your time.

By the way, if you do get a different video card, it is important to clear the contents of the following folder:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders folder

Below is a link from the P3D forum that explains why this is important:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=4200

Best of luck.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations