Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Real Flight Plans

Hello!

I have the Q400 purchased since it was released, but doesn't fly with it. I don't know how to use VNAV and descent... I'm familiar with NGX etc but no with turboprop...

I'm interested in learning the Q400, and I want to know a good zone it fly it, with ORBX scenery for example or another one... With a real livery and real flight plans... I always fly in Spain (I'm Spanish) but I know no Q400 operators in Spain... Where I can fly? EEUU? Australia?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

A very good and free flight plan generator is FSCommander.It has SIDs and STARs and other stuff and is easy to use. When making a flight plan, you can just input the starting and landing airports and a direct path will be  traced between them that you can follow with the GPS (for example), then if you press SID or STAR a list of SIDs or STARS will appear with the paths shown when you click on them. These will automaticall include all the waypoints of the SID or STAR and join it to the flight plan when you choose it. Then you can save the flight plan in various formats including PMDG, but I don't think the saved plans are compatible with the Majestic Q400.

However when you enter the flight plan into the Q400 FMS, putting the names of the SIDs and STARS will automatically enter all their waypoints.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

There is QantasLink in Australia, if you wished to fly there. In Europe, you could do FlyBE in Britain, or Widerøe in Norway. There is also the German speaking countries with plethora of operators and interesting lines all around, but no orbx.

In NA, perhaps Horizon fits. There are others, but they use them further east as far as I know.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

A very good and free flight plan generator is FSCommander.It has SIDs and STARs and other stuff and is easy to use. When making a flight plan, you can just input the starting and landing airports and a direct path will be  traced between them that you can follow with the GPS (for example), then if you press SID or STAR a list of SIDs or STARS will appear with the paths shown when you click on them. These will automaticall include all the waypoints of the SID or STAR and join it to the flight plan when you choose it. Then you can save the flight plan in various formats including PMDG, but I don't think the saved plans are compatible with the Majestic Q400.

However when you enter the flight plan into the Q400 FMS, putting the names of the SIDs and STARS will automatically enter all their waypoints.

Henri

Hmm...as far as I know FSCommander is not freeware, however it does allow for the creation of routes and is a fairly good contender among some of the newer flight plan builders.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I have PFPX! No problem for planning... Only I want from and to where to fly...

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg