Sign in to follow this  
okupton

GPU questions for p3d2.0

Well just opened my computer case and discovered I only have a 500w PSU.  That is going to cross the 760 off of the list I think even though my i7 3770 isnt overclocked. 

Orman

You can get an 800-1000 watt power supply on sale today for probably no more then $25.

Don't let that stop you.

JFK, heavy weather Rain/Snow, CS737, NO AI. Setting all on medium, shadows off, was using around 2.5 and a little higher.

I may add that was two monitors with an FMC undocked on the second monitor.

The problem is that now having to buy a PSU is going to throw my budget off.  I cant seem to find a psu for under $25, even on black friday.  I dont want to buy a piece of junk that is going to fry my pc either.  Think I'll probably stick to FSX and my current set up and hope for prices to come down on GPUs in the not so distant future

Orman

The problem is that now having to buy a PSU is going to throw my budget off. I cant seem to find a psu for under $25, even on black friday. I dont want to buy a piece of junk that is going to fry my pc either. Think I'll probably stick to FSX and my current set up and hope for prices to come down on GPUs in the not so distant future

You can likely get by on 500 watts. Take a look at some of the reviews for the 760. Total system load is in the 300-400 watt range.

Thanks Mark but not on this psu.  It's a piece of junk!  Doesnt have sufficient 12v amps.  Im suprised my pc turns on as is.  Another factor is that I live in Ecuador so quality pc components are hard to come by.  Gonna keep my eyes on black friday deals, but if i dont find anything now its ok.  FSX is still working well enough for me where i dont have to rush into p3d until me and my bank account are 'Prepar3d.'  Thanks again for all the advice 

Orman

Hello boys buy me Prepar3D Tuesday v2, I have a PC, well judgad yourselves not want to sound arrogant:

my pc

PROCESSOR: Intel i7 4770k Haswell

Motherboard: ASUS z87pro

Memory: Kingston HyperX (red) 16 Gb

2 SSD 250 Gb each in RAID0 = 500 GB

1disco duro seagate de 3Tb

Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 780

Power supply 1000 watts

Liquid-cooled 120 Xl COOLER MASTER Seidon

aluminum case with three fans.

sorry for disturbing, I Prepar3D with REX and license to prepar 3D Y Orbx FTX GLOBAL in Prepar3D and fps is not going very well, not the settings I have all the maximum texture 1024. and I also wanted to ask, with lso FSX PMDG and Captain Sim to complete the migration? since in theory Prepar3D unlocks the power of the machine does not? and other questions have to play nvidia inspector or needless?

Thank you very much in advance.

I got the EVGA GTX760 for $250. It comes with 2GB DDR5 and I'm very happy with it. Just below max on all the scenery settings and I'm between 25-35 FPS with scattered clouds in Los Angeles and right at 20fps in the middle of a snowstorm at Anchorage Alaska and still smooth. running 1 monitor currently at 1920x1020.

I got the EVGA due to it's high ratings on review sites. It also came with 2 free games via my Amazon purchase although it wasn't advertised as doing so (they sent a separate email after purchase with instructions to redeem). Assassin's Creek Black Flag and Splinter Cell. -- Not a bad deal all in all.

Also I plan on buying a second one and setting up SLI once Prepar3d supports this hopefully in v2.1

Get a 700 series card one that does not run to hot. I am running a NVidia 670 3GB  and let me tell you running Prepar3D 2.0 at mid to high settings on the sliders the card is running at 95 to 100 % of total power. So watch your temp with the card running so hot. You have to run the fan at least at 70% to keep the card from over heating. I was correct in getting the 3GB card but I should have gotten a better card.

Well next year.