Sign in to follow this  
Leclercq A.

P3D v2 declaration in the register fails during installation.

Hi,

I post my question here as the p3d forum, since Monday no answer and others get upset.
I want something more constructive.

During installation of P3D v2, I receive an error message regarding the declaration of P3D in the registry.

429102P3DinstallError.jpg

Win7 UAC is disabled and I launched the setup in administrative mode. The antivirus is also disabled. I tried to repair the installation, but nothing works. I do not understand where the error occurred.

I tried the solutions found on Google. But I can not unlock the registry.

What to do?

Thanks.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

I also had this during my install. I hit the 'ignore' button, the installation finished, and my P3D V2 seems to be running fine without any problems.

I do that also.

But what are the implications? What is this registry key?

Maybe it will be impossible to install correctly some addons because of it?

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

I cannot open situation files directly from the Prepar3d v2 folder cause it always points to Prepar3d even if I re-direct it and even after uninstalling Prepar3d (version 1.4). I must add I had to try uninstalling that thrice as it did not work the first time, and not too sure of the results the second time.

Must be related to a register entry failure 

Same here. I've tried everything. Nothing worked including registry cleaning, uninstalling of v1.4 etc. Only thing worked is system reset which I didn't want to do.  

So can I re-install P3D V2 (after uninstall) on the same computer/OS/partition with an academic license?

So can I re-install P3D V2 (after uninstall) on the same computer/OS/partition with an academic license?

Yes you can do that.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It must be an issue with having P3D1.4 installed.  Perhaps you did not clean up after the uninstall.  I remember uninstalling 1.4 and found many LM folders still hanging around and got rid of them.  Ran my registry cleaner too before installing V2.  So it is really strange you are having problems.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10