Sign in to follow this  
VSchmoeckel

Engine start bug!

Hello,

When i started to use the T7 i didn't get any problems for weeks. Now I get more and more problems to start the engines. I follow the engine start procedure like in the tutorial, but often, the oil temperature stucks around the outside air temperature, while the engine thrust remains around 21.4%. Then I can move the Thrust Levers full forward, but the engine doesn't react. I can load a new panel state, restart FSX but i always get the problem. Sometime one engine is affected, sometime both are. I can't fix the problem and the use of the 777 is more luck as plan these days...

Vincent Schmoeckel

I can't fix the problem and the use of the 777 is more luck as plan these days...

I've never seen this issue and it didn't come up in testing.

Have you changed anything with your hardware, FSUIPC, or other settings?  Additionally, did you set the 777 as your default aircraft in Flight Sim?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

thanks for your help until now. I've fixed the problem so far, i think. Normally, the standart flight with the Cessna 172 is with running engines. I had configured the standart flight with the PMDG747 in C&D Mode. After i changed this to the standart Cessna with running engines, my T7 works.

VIncent Schmoeckel

The default flight in FSX is the Ultralight, not the Cessna.

I'm pretty sure it says in the introduction manual that came with the 777 (you read that, right?) to NOT mess with the default flight settings as it can produce unfavorable results.

If it doesn't say that then...don't mess with the default flight.

It does.

Never change the default flight, other than position. It WILL break all sorts of things.

For what it's worth, I used the default Cessna for years and it was fine.  I haven't bothered changing it after I reformatted last, though.

As far as your engine issues, I can't think of anything that could be causing it.

Kyle Rodgers

I had this issue on a saved flight . the #2 just wouldn't go . Deleted the saved situation and rebooted the PC and haven't seen it since.

Eric W

The default flight in FSX is the Ultralight, not the Cessna.

I'm pretty sure it says in the introduction manual that came with the 777 (you read that, right?) to NOT mess with the default flight settings as it can produce unfavorable results.

If it doesn't say that then...don't mess with the default flight.

Any default FSX aircraft will be OK, it's all about initialising internal FSX variables properly. I don't use the ultralight as it reminds me of the "gamey" side of FSX. So I prefer the C172 as default. Works perfectly for me.

You certainly should "mess" with the default flight by making the location the same time zone as yours if you want to minimise local time problems in FSX.  Some other complex addons (not PMDG) need you to "mess" with it to get them to initialise properly. So leaving it untouched is not really an option.

The main thing principle to stick to is never use a complex addon as your default aircraft.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The main thing principle to stick to is never use a complex addon as your default aircraft.

That's what I always thought it was, but I was starting to have doubts based on things I'd seen recently.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Kyle Rodgers