Sign in to follow this  
X_Man

OpusFSX Live Weather Update Issue

I have been away from FSX for awhile and have noticed now since updating OpusFSX that during long haul flights FSX routinely pauses for long periods after 1 hour or so of flight time which locks up FSX for up to 5-10 min and the then resumes play. What could cause this?

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

No idea. Opus only pauses the sim when certain dialogs are opened and at no other times. It also needs FSUIPC4 to be installed to do this. Those are the only pause commands.

Other possible causes...

If you fly in accelerated time Opus will revert to x1 sim rate in order to update the weather but that would only take a few seconds and then the previous sim rate would be restored. This needs FSUIPC4 to be installed.

Do you have OpusFSX and FSX installed on the same drive or perhaps other Addons installed on the same drive as FSX. It could be the program pauses to refresh data from disk.

More likely to be a resource problem. Have you started using a more complex aircraft or an aircraft with more complex avionics.

Is Opus or another Addon doing anything at the time. Although as I've said there are only a few places where Opus pauses the sim and that's only when the user opens a dialog.

You could check and make sure there are no Configuration options set that should not be set. All dialog options (Configure and Weather dialogs) should be checked after upgrading. Try deleting the ButtKicker.dat file just in case Opus is trying to output audio control signals. Audio drivers can block programs that are trying to output sound.

Can't really think of anything else that might result in Opus interfering with the sims operation. It certainly does nothing directly.

Stephen

You could make sure you have configured Opus the decode the GRIB data in the background. Make sure the Background GRIB Processing option is ON in the Weather Download dialog.

Stephen

I am running a registered version of FSUPIC and running x4 with the PMDG 747X. I will check my dialog settings and report back. Thank you.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

If you have a slow or shared disk system with FSX and Opus sharing the same drive you may like to consider disabling the Live Weather Map option in the Configure dialog. That is turn OFF the Enable Live Weather Map Data option.

You will be able to re enable this option in the future when we modify the procedure and prepare the map data in a separate thread. But if you share the same disk drive any access can result in FSX pausing.

Stephen :-)

I have FSX on a separate SSD 240GB SATA III 6 GB/s data transfer rate and use to have REX 2 running on a client transferring over my network with no such issue. OpusFSX is on a different drive which is shared.

I don't use the Live Weather Map option, just the real time weather injection into FSX option.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

Then I doubt it is anything Opus is doing to directly interfere with FSX, more down to a resource problem in FSX which is taking time out to load or reload data.

Stephen

When I turn off OpusFSX - I don't get suck pauses. I didn't have this issue with REX 2 nor with OpusFSX until late. I am confident it's a setting issue which I will revert to default settings and search the forum for the best OdusFSX settings for long haul flights and FSUIPC setting.

When I turn off OpusFSX - I don't get suck pauses. I didn't have this issue with REX 2 nor with OpusFSX until late. I am confident it's a setting issue which I will revert to default settings and search the forum for the best OdusFSX settings for long haul flights and FSUIPC setting.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

Yes, best set all defaults in all weather dialogs including the main dialog and then just use the Recommended Practices. See if you can isolate whether its related to a weather update, GRIB data download, etc.. The LWE will be changing the sim back to x1 speed to update the weather then reverting back to the previous sim rate. Make sure FSUIPC4 is up to date with no weather options enabled. Also check the Configure dialog and make sure no option that you do not use is enabled. That's about all I can think of. It might be an Internet problem I suppose but it would require Windows to block everything and FSX of course should have its RW weather option disabled. Good luck tracking it down.

Stephen

Thank you - Hope you know I was trying to type such and not suck LOL.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png