Sign in to follow this  
FSX-Fan2013

A few problems with Desk Pilot

Did we need the same resolution of our screen? I mean I have a wide screen and widescreen=true in FSX config, but co-pilot have a standard 4:3 screen and widescreen=false.

Hi guys is this software being constantly updated at all? Good job by the way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yup, just running some final tests on the new version at the moment.  B)

Did we need the same resolution of our screen? I mean I have a wide screen and widescreen=true in FSX config, but co-pilot have a standard 4:3 screen and widescreen=false.

Nope, should be fine.

Michael Harders

We tried everything again. Everything was done as instructions, but the problem remained. Could there be a problem in different versions of FSX? I have a acceleration (russian ver), FO have a SP2 (english ver). For information, we tried to change. And I was the co-pilot and my friend was captain. Also all what I was doing he could not see in cocpit. Connect via Hamachi ping both sides, all firewalls are disabled. Have any ideas?

One of you has Windows 8?

There seems to be a issue with simconnect on systems running windows 8. Or there might be some code differences between acceleration & SP2 that is preventing the client from connecting to the flight simulator. Which is why i asked you about the green message, if the user running the client does not receive that in game message then the client has not connected to fsx. Which is why he not seeing your inputs.

Michael Harders

No, we have window 7 both. We have green messages DP client and server connected in sim. But anything in DP ping -1 when connect. And i check ports 23456 60000 and 6073 is closed. Did we need to open them?

The problem is that the second computer does not see the changes first. Connection is established, as if in one direction.

For example, I (captain) controls the speed and the plane increases or decreases the speed, but FO does not see changes on mcp or PFD.

Ok, can the FO change the heading or altitude and do you see his changes? Can you try the DP overrides menu and take control of the IAS, let me know.

Please forget about the ping reading its not complete, it has been removed in 1.4.3. Yes you need to open the ports, especially port 60000. 

Michael Harders

All changes what FO doing I see in the cocpit, it doesn't matter he is a captain or FO. All what I do from my computer second computer doesn't see

and I see everything that makes a second

computer, through its role of course (FO or Cap). If I captain I can control IAS or engage VNAV and the plane flies to reflect these changes. but

on the second computer is not visible indication

of these changes.

A feeling that the one-sided communication.:-)

p.s. for ease of communication my skype: hohrev

Hmmm, Starting to run out of ideas..

Could there be a problem in different versions of FSX? I have a acceleration (russian ver), FO have a SP2 (english ver).

By the sounds of it, yes.

Can you try this utility on both pc's and report back with the information provided. 

http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/download/file.php?id=25&sid=a728ad19c24aa9b6776f02506434ed30

Michael Harders

Ok, we will try to record video from both PC's.

And just try to connect with another user whose

have same FSX version.

Oops, sorry, this link for a simconnect?! I thought that video recording program.

No, its a link to a utility on their website. I don't need a video.

Michael Harders

oops sorry, I thought it's a link for a video record program:-) We will try it and let you know. Thanks!