Sign in to follow this  
dazzystar

Well I've given it a fair go.....

The more feedback on all types of hardware is important, just need to lay all the info out there so one can judge accordingly.

i7 920 O/C 3.36GHz

6GB RAM

GTX 470

THG2G DE

3 x Samsung T240 monitors

Win 7 64-bit

^_^

no extra clouds or water addons

Seriously...? I've not yet installed REX because I am waiting for their surprise, but the default P3D clouds are really awful. Fake. Just like the default FSX clouds! I will also install as little as possible, but I certainly will install addon clouds!

IMO dumb vote should only be cast when a someone asks a question that....

1. Can't possibly be answered...(Will P3d v4.0 have crowd sourced OSM data standard?)

2. The answer or response is so out of line with the majority that it warrants a "Dumb" Vote... "All Fly Tampa Airports and PMDG Aircraft suck".

3 When an aswer has been covered 40 billion times yet still gets asked without any attempt to use the search function... (I realy like the PMDG DC6 exactlly when will  it be released?)

4. when someone brings up a subject that is clearly covered in a "pinned" topic but chose not to take the time to read it... (I want to talk about P3d's EULA for a moment...)

5. When expectation managment has clearly not been applied...(Why can't I max my settings in XP10, my system has 4gb of ram and a GEForce 640;  isn't this suppose to be 64bit?)

Could go on but it's off topic and that would be "Dumb".

Blaze

RE Thomason Jr.

'Dumb' is just rude. No justification for it at all. In my opinion of course.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

'Dumb' is just rude. No justification for it at all. In my opinion of course.Ron,

Ron, of course I value your opinion but this is where we disagree...

IMO this is one of the fundamental things wrong with today in that everyone is so darn worried about being "justified" or "politically correct" for whatever reason that they just wont say what they really believe for fear of being chastised by the masses;...If it's dumb well doggonit; it's probably dumb!!!

RE Thomason Jr.

I'm in the same boat. My FSX is loaded with addons and still runs better than default P3D at medium settings. I see everyone rave about no more stutters, but I get them more in P3D than I do in FSX. I will hang onto P3D and see what the future holds but right now, I'm a bit disappointed. 

I5-2500k @4.5GHz

8GB RAM

GTX 560 1GB (Probably the weak point, but I'm not dropping $200+ on a video card for P3D just yet...)

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Hi All,

As the topic suggests I've spent, since the day of release, many hours (some of which were frustrating) trying to get the best out of P3D2  but must say that I'll be sticking with my FSX FX10 config for the foreseeable future as P3D2 simply isn't anywhere near as good. It may be down to the hardware I have, lack of Orbx V2 regions, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'll be monitoring very carefully and will certainly be dipping my toe in every now and then but for now FSX is King...for me anyway.

Daz

Hey take a look at airdailyX they have a guide to install all orbx stuff into p3d

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

FSX FX10 config for the foreseeable future as P3D2 simply isn't anywhere near as good.

I don't consider your opinion dumb, but your comment is rather incomplete.  For example, you don't say exactly what is not "as good"?

So you like to see AutoGen (buildings, trees, etc.) magically pop up and grow and become visible as you fly (what we see in FSX)?  This is better than P3Dv2?  For myself, and real world flying, how FSX grows/pops AutoGen is incredibly unrealistic. 

Here is what P3Dv2 provides:

1.  Object Instancing which is a huge performance benefit for multiple copies of objects (like trees)

2.  Particle and Effects are render by the GPU not the CPU

3.  3rd Party Developers now have direct access to the render pipeline

4.  Fully dynamic day/night lighting rather the pre-render

5.  Dynamic 3D waves

6.  Night visibility improvements

7.  Environment shadows that reflect in your VC (not just your own Aircraft)

8.  Weather - lightning can affect shadwos

9.  Shader compilation is now threaded which reduces stutters

... and the list of improvements in P3Dv2 goes on and on and on ... these are just scratching the surface.

Most of the comments I've see from folks not liking P3Dv2 is due to insufficient hardware to run it well ... but I don't see how that "problem" can be aimed at LM/P3Dv2 or make a statement that FSX is better -- it's your choice to not upgrade your hardware.  With P3Dv2 at least you can toss new hardware at and it will improve, which is not the case with FSX.

I've not yet installed REX because I am waiting for their surprise

Cloud shadows? Says new sprites where they now determine exactly where a cloud sprite begins and ends for in-cloud weather effects. SO theoretically possible to place a shadow effect on the ground ...

Well, at least today you have a choice. I can see a case if people have to run P3D with lowered settings which undercut the benefits of Dx11, perhaps Fsx might be as good or compelling... in that case. And a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. But P3Dv2 gives developers something they've never had before.. and longed for perhaps. With Dx11 it's a better foundation for modern day add-ons, which as they begin to leverage will make Fsx pale. Wait till orbx and Rex and all these folks get their teeth into P3Dv2...What will become of that bird? Enjoy Fsx... But P3Dv2 is surpassing what was possible.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Whilst I hate the ridiculous "political correctness" that permeates society today, I have to agree with Ron. Calling someone's post "dumb" is just bad manners. There are better ways of responding.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Agree this is a bit annoying.

Plus P3D will not go far unless they can rid of 90% of OOMs.

Sorry I just felt your post was funny (the 90% part)... I don't find it clever that people post about OOM's. Knowing that its a 32 bit application, it doesn't take a a huge amount of knowledge to work out how to push it to its limits.

At this moment in time, their is a sim that actually performs better than FSX was when it first reared its head, we had to wait many many years to actually run it with settings that don't even approach what this new release will do. It is human nature to want the maximum that anything can offer. It is a fact that it gives us more and shows us the future. That future is not quite their yet. Just like the FSX future took a while to achieve. In this context, I'm referring to the point, that I'm confused as to what the future is in the latter?

Okay folks, just what part of NO LICENSE or EULA discussions was unclear? Any more of the same will result in some unwanted vacation time.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator