Sign in to follow this  
macwino

FSX App Data & Program Data folders replaced by those from P3D v2

I just noticed that two of my FSX data folders were replaced by those from P3D v2. Luckily, whatever caused them to be replaced also created a backup of the FSX folders being replaced. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or if anyone knows what caused it and how to avoid it in the future.

One of the folders that was replaced was the folder that contains the fsx.cfg file, which is the FSX folder in the App Data folder. The other folder that was replaced was the folder that contains the scenery.cfg file, which is the FSX folder in the Program Data folder.

Another problem I also just noticed, which may or may not be related to the above, is that while I have on my Desktop FTX Central shortcuts for both FSX and P3D, the FSX shortcut only shows the P3D Global icon, and not the icons or listings for the various regions I've installed in FSX. And this is after I reinserted my backup FSX data folders. The only Orbx software I've installed in P3D is the FTX Global v1.10 P3D update, and I just implemented the scenery library updates, not a full installation in P3D because I already have FTX Global installed in FSX. I can see this perhaps messing up the FTX Central paths, but I don't see how this might have caused replacement of my FSX data folders.

Anyone's thoughts on what might be going on will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

I appear to have solved the FTX Central problem using the Flight1 Registry Tool to reset the path the FSX.