Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Airbus A320 products for XPX/64

I see a "QPAC A320" and an "Airbus A320 NEO" product for XPX.  Is there any comparison to be made between these two products (without starting a comparison war here :)  )?  I know what the NEO is, and maybe that's the only difference?  Interested in any comparisons regarding graphics (eye candy) in the 3D cockpit (not so interested in external views), functionality, etc.  Also would need any aircraft to be 64-bit compatible.

Thanks,  Bruce.

Bruce,

you can test the freeware version of the QPAC, and see the main differences between that and the payware recently released. This model will get a 3d cockpit in 2014, and also some updates. I do not have it, and so I can't comment on the quality of the flight dynamics.

There is also the Peter's Airbus series A320/21, which will soon receive a 3d cockpit. I have their A380, with the 3d cockpit, but seldom fly it due to the very limited systems and even "FMC" implementation.

The NEO was my choice, after 2 months seeking for a substitute for my FSX's Airbuses, and I can't say I am disappointed, quite on the contrary. It already has excellent graphics, and a very complex FMGC and FCU implementation, an acceptable Normal Law implementation, can have routes including SIDs and STARs programmed and an update is already being worked and will be free for v1 users.

The NEO is the airliner I fly the most in X-plane 10.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I use Peter's A320 a lot. As Jose said, has some limitations but the most reasonable flight model and a top autoflight system, working like a Swiss watch.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Yesterday I completed two flight, under real bad weather ( very bad at LPMA ) with the NEO.

Planned the route using simroutes, pasted it into a TXT and placed that file in the Flighplans folder inside NEO's folder.

Loaded and adapted the flightplan due to last weather ( significative ) changes at destination ( LPMA under severe storms ), and the flight was a charm to fly. Can't wait for v2.

But I agree, from my experience with the A380, with what Ralf says... Peter's modelling of the Airbus FBW is very very good, like a swiss watch :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Thanks for the replies, if I had the time I would try them all...... :)

how about the Aerosoft AXE?

Hmmm, can't still port it to X-plane 10, but I would gladly try to use the X-plane version flight dynamics and AFS wih the FSX model....

Main Simulation Rig: