Sign in to follow this  
hesynergy

Ultimate Terrain USA(UTXUSA) and P3d V2 and scenery, order

Ok....now I am thoroughly confuzed.  I LOVE the quality of the eyecandy, of  Prepar3d v2.0!

But, several things are amiss in my ad-in scenery...below are comparisons.  Photo-real scenery of Barbourville, KY  WITH OVERLAYED  WITH UTXusa, in V1.4 and V2.0(I used the new p3d Fsx2P3d v2 Estonia Migration tool...and reinstalled UTX in P3DV2)

Note: When I got my first version of P3D, I directly copied ALL of my scenery files from FsX,(Scenery, Texture and ALL of my Add-In scenery)....containing many of the objects I created in Gmax,

Here is the P3D v1.4 scenery order.

With a tiny bit of tweaking, ALL of it was expressed in P3Dv1.4.

the farm with the museum, Shed, Barn and RV in the back of the farm house,Escoes Gas Station,the Knox County Bus garage in Barbourville,

the Entire Shopping center...all of which, btw, are available to Y'all if you just request  the files  ...I'll try to put them all on my google drive later.

Barbourville, KY  WITH OVERlay of UTXusa, in V1.4 generated from Scenery.cfg display order.

....the result....wonderful continuous features....see KY25E continuing from the photo to the UTXusa domain?

Now, This....the P3DV2.0 Display order of Scenery.cfg(right?)...note.....the order is EXACTLY OPPOSITE TO THAT IN P3D V1.4!!

and this order...(All the addin files were direct copied from the Ad-in scenery from the 1.4 install.

...it AINT showing up in P3Dv2!!!Again, the farm with the museum, Shed, Barn and RV in the back of the farm house .

in 2.0???..

now this....

Photo-real scenery of Barbourville, KY  WITH OVERLAYED  WITH UTXusa, in V2.0(I used the new p3d Fsx2P3d v2 Estonia Migration tool...and reinstalled UTX in P3DV2

Barbourville, KY  WITH OVERlay of UTXusa, in  V2.0

P3dv2 Scenery Library mis ordered???

YIELDS

..... Where are my UTX roads in 2.0???....is it that V2.0 is Mis-ordering my scenery addin files???.....please advise!!

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Can't help with your issue but just a fyi according to the pinned topic regarding addons with P3D "UTX (all) -- prohibited by EULA"

And ANYONE who tries to help violate the UTX EULA is likely to be banned from Avsim.

Just FYI -

VIc

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

And ANYONE who tries to help violate the UTX EULA is likely to be banned from Avsim.

Just FYI -

VIc

Okaaayyyy... Forget about UTX... I HAVE REMOVED IT FROM ALL VERSIONS OF PREPARED 3-D AND ONLY USE IT IN FSX, and burned any piece of paper around the house that has UTX and P3D on the same page.

now, what about the fact that the scenery that I created in FSX I copied over over to 1.4 of prepared 3-D work famously, but fail to show up inside a version 2.0?

And what about the reversal of the priorities of the scenery files? I didn't reverse them, they were reversed this way when I reinstalled. P3D 2.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Click on the priority tab in the Scenery Area list - it will sort on that.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Despite use of various tools to install FSX add-ons into P3D2, I still noticed in the registry that some add-ons still point to the FSX directory to update scenery files.  So, something is not quite right there.   Until P3dv2 versions of these installs become available I'm sure there will be lots of oddities. 

Click on the priority tab in the Scenery Area list - it will sort on that.

Vic

Vic, clicking on the priority tab simply shows layer order in ascending or descending form.

My understanding is that the numerical layer order dictates which layer sits on top of the next...the higher the number, the lower it should sit in the layer hierarchy. Is this not correct?

Layer 18 is still going to contain the contents of layer 18 or a layer 129 is still going to have 129's data in it. Is that not true?

Might that not indicate that there something wrong with object placement in the 2.0?.. something to do with my Gmax drawn scenery .bgl's, the barn, the museum, the RV, the shed, and the house, all show up just fine in the 1.4 but failed to show up in the 2.0? Why does 2.0 reverse what layer lays on top of the next as opposed to version 1.4?

Understand, I do not need to be right here... I just need my scenery to show up... so I'll be happy to be shown the error of my thinking and ways. I'll be putting up the files in the file library so you guys can test them in version is 1.4 and 2.0…

Thanks,

Chas

Ok guys and gals, I have uploaded all my Knox county files to Avsim.  ....a little teaser here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to Knox County Kentucky!

These are the files that I talked about in the Prepar3d forums.  I created these objects for Fs9, then upgraded them to the scenery SDK for Fsx. They were created  10 years ago in Gmax, and  I have use them successfully ever since in prepared 1.4 as well.

For some reason the individual farmhouse and other objects that I created are not showing up in Prepar3d version 2.0.

That's where you guys come in! These files are free to use in anyway you want as long as proper attribution is given, but, I would like you guys who have both Prepar3d 1.4 and 2.0 to try them out in both and report back to me as to whether you have the same problems that I do. That's your only fee. And I'd like you guys to give it a shot in both, or all four( I am not sure that they will work in FS9 anymore, but try it out… Unfortunately I can't recompile my FSX SDK Files back to FS9 if it doesn't work).

What's included:

1. photo real scenery of Barbourville, 10 miles to the north west of stinking Creek where we live, and;

2. photo real scenery of the farm area and stinking Creek, upon which I have placed my Gmax objects;

A. The farm house.

B. The barn, shed and the RV in back of the farmhouse.

C. A  two-story long structure the top of which is an apartment but the bottom of which is a re-creation of Mama Carne's store, along with all the real wood floors shelves and original contents.. It is also o n Google earth in 3-D as it is here with further description .

... A little note on Gmax..   Mama Carne's store was one the first structures that I built in Gmax.  It was just a box. Later, I added the true architectural features that you see including the steps and rails which took about as long to create as it would have to Saw and fit and hammer the real rails, risers and steps.

D. K-6,  my little 2300 foot strip for runways 03 and 21. It has VOR - (117.55), ILS(110.1), and NDB(222).

E.  Gerald Bingham's house, 1/4 mile up Warriors Path North from us.( mostly dirt road with gravel topping).

F. Dewitt Baptist Church.

Off property Knox county

G.Escoe's Store and Post Office complete with great prices for gas at the included pumps.

H. Rex allen's killer corner...sheds and farm equipment on the sharpest bend on Stinking Creek...my son went off it with a flat tire, unscathed, but more than several have lost their

lives on that curve... there may be several iterations of the sheds...just delete or rename the wrong ones...I was experimenting with ModelConverterX, Arno Gerretsen's wonderful model and object scenery tool.

I.  sitting on top of the Barbourville  Photo real scenery is the Barbourville shopping center all the stores and all the storefronts ... it's on 25 E. as you head into Barbourville.

Recreated, is the entire shopping center with the now outmoded Wal-Mart sign.… Probably my magnum opus.

note on the Gmax scenery…

All of the scenery was either directly measured and if not practical for a such a long measuring device, walked off, as in the Stinking Creek Bridge and shopping center. All of the objects were then photographed, in 360° where possible and saved as texture  for inclusion in the Gmax model.

Enjoy!

...oh... how do you get there? Wellllll.... situate yourself at Middlesboro (1a6), and tune your Nav radio to K-69's VOR, 117.55,  take off and climb to 3500 feet...grinnnnn

hesynergy@gmail.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've received notification, so the file should be available within 24 hours.  Look for Mama Carnes, Knox county or the actual file, Carnes Farm.zip.

Now you see what the eye candy of P3d v2, a brandy new GTX 770 and my home made scenery MIGHT look like??....please help!

Again, all I ask is that you try it in V1.4, then again in V2 and see if the objects are lost in V2, and please advise so I don't continue to think I am crazy.....welllll....not AS crazy...if y'all get the same results....works in v1.4....doesnt in v2.0....

Enjoy,

Chas

Ok guys and gals, I have uploaded all my Knox county files to Avsim.  ....a little teaser here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carnes farm.zip is now available!

Enjoy!

...oh... how do you get there? Wellllll.... situate yourself at Middlesboro (1a6), and tune your Nav radio to K-69's VOR, 117.55,  take off and climb to 3500 feet...grinnnnn

hesynergy@gmail.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've received notification, so the file is available!

Look for Mama Carnes, Knox county or the actual file, Carnes Farm.zip.

Now you see what the eye candy of P3d v2, a brandy new GTX 770 and my home made scenery MIGHT look like??....please help!

Again, all I ask is that you try it in V1.4, then again in V2 and see if the objects are lost in V2, and please advise so I don't continue to think I am crazy.....welllll....not AS crazy...if y'all get the same results....works in v1.4....doesnt in v2.0....

Chas

Enjoy! And please report your findings with 1.4 versus 2.0's ability to show the farm

C

Seems like I answered my own question...

...after some research on the Lockheed Martin side and on Arno Gerretsen's site

v2 scenery files ARE different...

...there seems to be an immediate answer for us scenery/model creators...

...Check this out tomorrow when Arno delivers on his promised P3D v2 inclusion in his latest version of ModelConverterX!!!

..looks like I will be converting my FSX models  to P3Dv2 in the very near future... stay tuned

Thanks for all the support y'all...i guess I'm not as crazy as i feared...grinnnnn

C