Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

German Crossing

Here are some grabs of a flight I did earlier this week starting at Dortmund EDLW in Western Germany and flying East towards Magdeburg, Berlin and over the Oder into Poland before landing at Babmost Zielona Góra.

Shortly after take off in Dortmund, there is quite a bit of turbulence, so I try to climb above it, eventually getting to 8,000 feet and cruising towards Magdeburg

After passing Magdeburg, we head towards Berlin, passing along the south of it.

Brandeburg airport can be seen to the left and it's starting to get dark, and traffic is picking up on the autobahn below

Finally, we reach the town of Frankfurt (Oder), with the river Oder separating Poland and Germany. On the other side of the Oder is the small town of Słubice. In days gone by, there was once huge queues at the border crossing

Shortly after, we begin the decent into Babimost. It's somewhat cloudier here and it's bumpy again, there is even a bit of rain.

However a visual approach is possible, and we come in for a bumpy landing.

Hope you enjoyed the screenshots.

Simply awesome! X-Plane showing its strengths there for sure!

What scenery add-on are you using there (if any)?

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Looks very realistic. 

... and would look even more realistic with the Europe library (just in case you didn't use it yet). It contains european autogen (by LyAvain) and german trains, police cars, fire fighters and ambulances (by ... err ... uwespeed :Whistle: ). But you must fly low and slow to see the latter :wink: .....

6901.jpg

post-73150-0-83639800-1368921296_thumb.j

post-73150-0-75271300-1368921322_thumb.j

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

and would look even more realistic with the Europe library (just in case you didn't use it yet)

Thanks, I have this already installed, but I'm not using any autogen, so it doesn't show up on the OSM. I wish I could use the buildings in OSM instead of the ugly facades, but oh well, maybe one day somebody will continue developing osm2xp.

What scenery add-on are you using there (if any)?

Sorry should have mentioned in the post. It's X-Plane 10.25, with photoscenery from simheaven.com and OSM generated myself using osm2xp.

Thanks, I have this already installed, but I'm not using any autogen, so it doesn't show up on the OSM. I wish I could use the buildings in OSM instead of the ugly facades, but oh well, maybe one day somebody will continue developing osm2xp.

Sorry should have mentioned in the post. It's X-Plane 10.25, with photoscenery from simheaven.com and OSM generated myself using osm2xp.

Thanks for the info. Sure looks good.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories