Sign in to follow this  
magentaline

Opus server stops working following reinstall

Hi,

I have a clean windows7 installation and a fresh FSX. I have tried to reinstall Opus, I have obtained a new Flight1 key which is in its own folder on a separate drive.  The main Opus folder that I created is on a different drive and I named the folder 'OpusFsx' and I have installed Opus in that.

Now when I try to start the Opus server it does not start, I get a message saying Opus has stopped working. I have checked that the exe and dll files have the same date. What have I done wrong?

Regards,

Tim

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling if you can't run the program.

You must unwrap the Flight1 purchase file on your C drive. You can move the msi to another location but must leave the licence and key files on drive C in the C:\Opus Software folder.

Make sure you only have one copy of OpusFSX installed in Windows Control Panel using the Uninstall Programs option (not some Cleaner type package). 

Let me know if you still have a problem.

Cheryl

Hi guys. I'm having a similar problem here.
I have a clean W7 installation, downloaded the "Download to Purchase" file from Opus website (Version 3.37.5, 5 December 2013).

OpusFSX.msi and .lic file are at C:\Opus Software
Software has been installed at C:\OpusFSX

I double click FSXServer.exe, and Opus doesn't comes to screen. I opened my Task Manager and saw that:

uscmTNe.png

I can't even end the process via Task Manager. Opus is stuck there.
PS: I've already uninstalled and installed Opus, and things are the same.

Regards,

Now I'm having this:

"Configuration Error, Simulation Installation folder, The installation folder is undefined"

And after clicking Ok, Opus Screen flashes very fast and disappear.

I've already set permissions as "Getting Started Single PC" says.

That error means check your server configuration and make sure the simulation folder path is defined then shut down OpusFSX and restart it. Make sure you have SimConnect installed, there is a SimConnect.msi in the OpusFSX folder.

Cheryl

I hoped reinstalling the SimConnect.msi would have fixed the disappearing OpusFSX.

Try deleting your FSXSERVER.DAT file since it could be ruuning but off the visable screen.

I assume it is not minimised to the taskbar. Have you installed the SimConnect.msi yet?

Also try running it manually instead of via the icon.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl. I installed SimConnect and now Opus is fine.

Thanks for the attention.