Sign in to follow this  
red259

Orbx sale and best regions

Given the orbx sale I am trying to decide what regions would be best to pick up at this time. I only have ftx global. I primarily fly jets like 737ngx and 777, however I do do some limited bush flying. I have airports on both east and west coast of US. I was considering jackson hole or maybe england (looking at picking up uk2000 heathrow). I'm really looking for the top of the line orbx products at the moment, since I don't have any of them and want to get a good sense. 

It's really hard, as I have PNW, CRM, NRM, Southern Alaska, Pacific Fjords, and England, and they're all great.  I recommend looking on their website for the coverage map so you can see what areas each region covers.  That may help you decide.  I also have quite a few airports and Jackson Hole is one. 

I'm not being much help.

Good luck in trying to make a decision....  What ever decision, you should be happy.

Rod

Rod Beck

I still haven't pulled the trigger on orbx scenery yet (other than ftx global). I was considering getting central rockies with Bozeman and Jackson Hole. I would like scenery I can use for both commercial jets as well as GA. A lot of people really like PNW, should I look at that before the products I mentioned? 

Jackson hole is a masterpiece

ZORAN

The biggest problem with the regions is.. You usually get stuck in one and neglect the rest..

Percentage of time spent in each region

PNW - 85%

PFJ - 9%

NRM - 3%

CRM - 2%

SAK - 1%

And there is nothing particularly wrong with any of them.. It's just one ends up your home and the rest are random vacations. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

The biggest problem with the regions is.. You usually get stuck in one and neglect the rest..

Percentage of time spent in each region

PNW - 85%

PFJ - 9%

NRM - 3%

CRM - 2%

SAK - 1%

And there is nothing particularly wrong with any of them.. It's just one ends up your home and the rest are random vacations. 

What are you flying in PNW? Would the region work well with jets? I do own cyvr actually.

While its getting a bit long in the tooth now, Orbx Australia still holds it own against some of their more recent releases. The entire continent is modeled, so you can do long-range tubeliner flying ( say, Brisbane to Perth, Adelaide to Darwin etc ). Plus, with OzX freeware airfields added you have plenty of scope for bush flying. Loads of Orbx payware airports are available too...I particularly recommend Alice Springs and Broome. If I only had the space for one Orbx region, Australia would be it.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org