Sign in to follow this  
Jedi928

LiveKernelEvent Pb with DX10 Scenery fixer?

Hello,

i have often an error LiveKernelEvent with FSX Under DX10, FSX display a black screen so i have to shut it! I use nvidia 331.65 with a 580 GTX 3G°, i7 2600K stock, Bufferpools=0, Affinitymask=84 HT On, Loadradius 6.5, textmaxload 1024, textbandwith 80, HighFixME= 1, Uiautomationcore the right version in FSX and that's all!

What do you think? is it a driver problem? Should i return to 314.22?

Thanks for your help!

Jérôme Dietsch

If you get a crash, your should do the following:

AppCrashView - usually, when you get a CTD, a Windows Error Report (WER) is generated by Windows.  This report is not very detailed and Microsoft did not make it easy for you to find or interpret the report.  After a crash you should download and run a neat utility called AppCrashView (click on AppCrashView to go to the website to download this program).  It interprets the Microsoft WER reports and provides more details.  If you post a CTD or problem, you should copy and paste the report in your topic.  Along with this, include your system specifications.

Windows Event Viewer – The Windows Event Viewer can provide a wealth of information regarding your CTD or information about your crash that may not have been recorded in a Windows Error Report.  You can get to your Windows Event Viewer by clicking on the Start Button and, in the Search box, type Event and then look up in the Menu and click on Event Viewer. Windows 8 users should follow the guidance at the following link: Opening Windows 8 Event ViewerNot sure you are using Windows 8.  Once open, click on Custom Views and then Administrative Events.  Critical, Error, and sometimes Warning Events are what you should be interested in.  Administrative Events will show you everything that happened to your computer each time you turned it on and while it is running. 

You can also try disabling your Bufferpool and Affinitymask "tweaks".  Bufferpools tweak has caused a lot of black screens if not employed properly.  Your system does not require tweaks.  The LOD_Radius and Texture_Max_Load are the only "tweaks" I use.  I have no problems with your LOD_Radius but, you might want to return this to 4.5 until this problem is resolved.  I would return your Texture_Bandwidth_Multi back to the default of 40.  An 80 uses a lot of resources.  Also important are your NI settings or your display driver settings.  Too high and fsx will have issues rendering.  The AA - Transparency Supersampling setting should be off and no higher than 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling.  This setting is a FPS killer.  Make sure the highmemfix=1 is located in the Graphics section of your FSX.cfg.  I worry about how you referred to it in your OP.  If it is not set properly, misspelled, or not there, it simply will not be used by FSX and, without that fix, FSX will sometimes become a black screen.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I forgot to add.... to disable a tweak you can comment the tweak out of your FSX.cfg so that it will not load in the future as follows:

//[bufferpools]  (just place two slashes in front of the item and it will not load).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi,

I have resolved this problem of Live KernelEvent BCCode 117 just increasing my GPU voltage from 1.000 to 1.025 on my 580GTX! I think FSX Under DX10 ask more to my 580 GTX because it has solved completly the problem!! Hard to find but successfull :)!

Jérôme Dietsch

Hi,

I have resolved this problem of Live KernelEvent BCCode 117 just increasing my GPU voltage from 1.000 to 1.025 on my 580GTX! I think FSX Under DX10 ask more to my 580 GTX because it has solved completly the problem!! Hard to find but successfull :)!

Great that you were able to find that one but, if I had known you were messing with the GPU voltage I would have identified this problem immediately.  Anytime you mess with the GPU voltage or overclock and have a crash, suspect that immediately and reset it back to the default.  You do not want to fry or damage your investment. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

With DX9 i never had this kind of crash on fsx but with DX10 it was the case! I just remember that with a game like crysis 2 i had solved the crash pb increasing just a little my GPU Voltage to 1.025 so i tried with fsx and it works! These are the own 2 games for me who need that without OC my video card! Strange but it works!

Jérôme Dietsch