Sign in to follow this  
Mickel

BN-2 repaint problem

Folks

I've made a (no doubt) rookie mistake.  I'm trying to do a repaint for the Flight1 Islander and things have not gone to plan:

2013-11-30_18-37-49-623_zps9dbaaff5.jpg

2013-11-30_18-38-4-928_zps0258cf9f.jpg

2013-11-30_18-37-44-546_zps2a163064.jpg

Any ideas, pointers or otherwise useful advice?  It's my first attempt, so please play nice.

Cheers

Mike

Try flipping the texture vertically when you save it.

Are you using DXTBmp, ImageTool, nVidia plugin?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

That is going to look good when you've sussed out the vertical flipping bit. In the bottom left hand corner of DXTBmp there is a double headed arrow(up and down ways) click that, then save as .dds

I, of course, have NEVER done what you have done Mike. Nor have you Joe eh? :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Nor have you Joe eh?

Me???   No.........never................maybe once...........or twice......

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks guys. I was hoping it would be something simple. I'll give it a go and post WIP results. I'm using PS Elements and DXTbmp. I see why you regular artists say painting gets addictive. I don't think this will be the last one I do.

Mike

This is a little closer to the mark.  A bit more work to do around the nose and tail.  I'm going to turn the weathering off as well, since the white rather spoils things.  Should be done by Xmas.

2013-12-1_13-6-36-278_zpsefa9b13c.jpg

2013-12-1_13-7-4-911_zpsb073b250.jpg

Thanks again.

Mike

That is looking VERY good! For me, the most important thing is detail. I imagine someone looking at a paint very closely and discovering a line doesn't quite join up. :shok:  I know it can be a challenge on multi-sheet painkits!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Looking good! You picked a great subject and colurscheme for your first paint! Does the nvidia plugin not work with PS elements? That way you could do away with the need for dxtbmp and having to remember to flip stuff (you can set it to automatically flip them for you)...

And yes, I'm a compulsive pixel counter - nearly drove me mad working on paints for the jf dc3 - I just have to fix every single misplaced pixel...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Gents

Is there any way to make the prop spinners base colour white?

I'll look into the nVidea thing. There is a download, I think.

I can have mild CDO symptoms (letters in alphabetical order, as they should be) from time to time. So rogue pixels will be dealt with.

Mike