Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Registration Key

Why is this program asking for a registration key? It did not do this before.

I'm almost at the breaking point with FSX.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling as administrator and I'm still getting the enter registration code error. This is with the latest build from FSS store.

This is my last purchase from FSS.

This is DX10 Controller asking you when you try and install the libraries? If so as it says in the window the FSS wrapper has failed to complete properly. 

As  a last resort I can always send you the other registration code if necessary - PM me an email address if you cannot resolve it any other way.  There seems to be someone for whom the wrapper fails on every release - but I don't know why.

I have just done six uninstall/installs without any problems.

So firstly can you report this to the Flight Sim Store support.

Then can you run through what you did - did you uninstall from Windows Control Panel - were there errors?

When you ran the FSS installer did it prompt for the FSS order number and key?

Did the VC++  installer run?

Did you see the wide splash screen with colour on one side only?   How long did it appear for?

Did you get the final completion screen after that.

This is DX10 Controller asking you when you try and install the libraries? If so as it says in the window the FSS wrapper has failed to complete properly. 

As  a last resort I can always send you the other registration code if necessary - PM me an email address if you cannot resolve it any other way.  There seems to be someone for whom the wrapper fails on every release - but I don't know why.

I have just done six uninstall/installs without any problems.

Then can you run through what you did - did you uninstall from Windows Control Panel - were there errors?

Did you see the wide splash screen with colour on one side only?   How long did it appear for?

Done!

NO errors after installing.

YES.

YES.

Did you see the wide splash screen with colour on one side only?  

YES.

How long did it appear for?

I closed the window right away.

YES.

I've successfully completed an install in the past. It worked well, but I did not like DX10 AA and some airports needed updating, so I chose to go back to dx9. I downloaded the latest Nvidis drivers and wanted to do try the DX10 Fixer. That's when I noticed the error for the first time.

I don't understand why I'm having an issue with the latest build. I try to install the libraries and I get enter email and reg code error.

I will need an installer that works or a registration code.

Thanks.

Jose

Ah well that is the problem then.

The splash screen is displayed whilst it is configuring the licensing. I just tested and closing that window before it has finished does leave the licensing incomplete. If you leave it alone it closes itself in 3 seconds when everything is set up.

I will add a warning not to close the window.

[edit]

Having looked at I have rebuilt the component that runs not to display the windows close button so there is now no easy way to kill it prematurely.

That did it!

Thank you for the excellent support.

I never thought that closing the window would cause a bad install.

Now I know better.

Jose

Ah well that is the problem then.

The splash screen is displayed whilst it is configuring the licensing. I just tested and closing that window before it has finished does leave the licensing incomplete. If you leave it alone it closes itself in 3 seconds when everything is set up.

I will add a warning not to close the window.

[edit]
Having looked at I have rebuilt the component that runs not to display the windows close button so there is now no easy way to kill it prematurely.

Excellent idea.