Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

reducing load of GPU?

I have a GTX580 (3GB RAM) and doesn't matter what I do I have always fully load on my GPU.

So far I'm glad I have (mostly) no spikes, but I wonder also if there's no possibility if this could somehow be reduced in a way?

I tried several settings without any effect.

Is there anybody else with a GTX580 whcih doesn't have 99% load or should this be accepted as "normal" now?

thanks

Guenter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am on a EVGA GTX780 and i have a 99 load aswell. no problems tho.

no stutters or anything else...

greetings,

Guy Vankeer

Also with a GTX780?

Wow!

Sounds not normal to me or I'm wrong?

(in the way that LM could hopefully fix this?)

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

i am on a EVGA GTX780 and i have a 99 load aswell. no problems tho.

no stutters or anything else...

greetings,

Guy Vankeer

Same here with a GTX 690 but I am getting major stutters with default Bonanza and with only FTX Global addon & flying around Innsbruck.

The 690 card beats every spec of the Titan but I Suspect P3d does not like the 2 GPU cores in the 690 although both cores are running at 100% most of the time.

Have you tried dropping the tessellation factor? It apparently has the ability to massively increase the polygon workload on the GPU.

Tesselation adds load to GPU

I would also check if you can live with reducing "MSAA" since this also has a tendency to bring even the fastest GPU's to its knees.

Especially if you are flying with REX HD clouds.

I have an overclocked GTX780 and with max MSAA (8 samples) I can easily achieve 99% GPU load.

Like any other flight sim, it's all about balance between visuals and performance.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Just curious, anyone tried with tessellation off and on to see what are the difference? I move the slider of tessellation all the way down from max and it appears have no difference in fps and image quality...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Guenter,

I also have two GTX580 3GB and facing the same issue. The load can only be reduced if you force your FPS to a value to 25 or less.  Any value above will give my cards a workload of 99% with or without SLI enabled. But the 99% don't have any impact to the smoothness so I'm fine with this.

Cheers,

Michael

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

Observation. Here we begged for yrs to have the GPU do the work now they want the CPU to do the work. Ironic, dont ya think?

I don't mind at all to stretch my 780ti to 99% as long as I know it's truly running my sim at the best it can do.

I always hesitate to invest high end video cards for FSX b/c FSX won't take full advantage of them and I don't play any other games to make the card worth the money. Only after I installed P3D2 it's the first time I feel I'm happy to buy a bloody expensive card...

However, I think P3D2 is still severely CPU-limited with all the settings up. So I still dream for a 10GHz CPU which may never come..

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Observation. Here we begged for yrs to have the GPU do the work now they want the CPU to do the work. Ironic, dont ya think?

Well, who wants to get rid of a migraine and switch to a toothache? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD