Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

Trees and Taxiways issues in Orbx regions installed in P3D v2

if the GPU maxed out, the autogen mixup would get worse

Thanks toprob I will try some cfg edits. Please, what are your GPU specs?, as looks like you are also occasionally hitting the "wall" and then the problem comes back.

Rob

Robin Harris

In which area of the Learning Center is? I see graphics setup, but nothing to tweak the cfg or whatever....

Mine has a 'tuning guide' just before the glossary.

Thanks toprob I will try some cfg edits. Please, what are your GPU specs?, as looks like you are also occasionally hitting the "wall" and then the problem comes back.

Rob

I'm beginning to think that the cfg edits might not have done the job, it was just a matter of not maxing out the GPU. It was just that with the improvement once I fixed the scrambled autogen. I spent a few days just marveling at the performance. But the problem came back when I pushed the settings a bit much -- the setting which pushed it over the edge was terrain shadows, which I'd left on after a bit of experimentation with the look of P3D. I do tend to play with the settings a lot.

A resource monitor has been a very useful tool here -- you can learn a lot from watching the GPU usage as you change settings.

Without the new shadows (terrain and buildings) I don't have problems. I can even max out the autogen if I want, which is amazing on my limited system. (I did do a quick video showing full autogen in a scenery I'm developing at the moment -- details here.) However I have lowered other settings, such as water.

My GPU is a 650ti Boost, 2GB. I would imagine that a 1GB GPU would be a bit more limiting.

I have seen that the taxi issues can be solved if you are developer with this:

http://scruffyduck.clarify-it.com/d/zq9mtw

Following this tutorial: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428219

but that is for developers.. I don't know what I have to do to see the orbx airports or others taxi paths correctly.

About the trees, I have same problem. I made already some of the tunning but still not advance in that... Don't know.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Hi

I have been unable to solve the tree textures issue, even with upgrading my GPU to a GTX 770 2gb (which is never running maxed out like my GTX 580 was) .

The issue is only there with one particular add-on airport installed and enabled (NMG FACT 2012). As soon as I tick that airport off in the Scenery Editor, the issue is gone. Tick it back on and the issue comes back, so I can definitely link it to an add-on in my case. This is the only the NMG airport that has textures in the texture folder; their other airports that I have purchased don't and they don't cause vegetation to have strange textures.

I finally concluded that the NMG FACT airport uses some texturing  / object library technique that is not compatible with something in P3dv2. Just because a scenery will install and show, does not mean its 100% compatible. The developer of this airport has also noted problems with all their add-on airport lighting in P3Dv2 (they are VERY bright - sunglasses required on all aprons!). So one just has to be patient I guess, and wait for devs to make their stuff compatible.

Rob

Robin Harris

the trees issue can be solved if you turn the textures once you are in the sim to 256mb. It will show the planes correctly but still will preserve the resolution in the sim of everything like it had 2048 (I choose 2048). So you can fly with it.

The taxi issue I don't know.. It is not only ORBX scenaries.. are more... So I thing is something inside P3Dv2.

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT BUG is the OOM. 5 minutes flying only twice I made the test!!!!! in FTX PNW.

Made the same test in FSX with same scenary and FSX preserves better the VAS. Prepar3D starts to eat VAS like crazy until it has an OOM.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane