Sign in to follow this  

TrackIR > High priority for stutterfree looking around

Just as I needed to do with FSX DX10 (with the Fixer) I found out that the same trick does wonders in P3D 2.0 too. With TrackIR at the normal priority there is some sort of sluggish, stuttering behaviour when I look around, even when fps itself is good. But with TrackIR at High priority looking around is as smooth as can be!

So if you use TrackIR and experience slight stutters when looking around, this might be due to TrackIR needing more priority and not to P3D performing bad!

If you, like me, want to make this a permanent option, then go to the shortcut of TrackIR, rightcklik on it, choose Properties and change the target to this:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /high TrackIR5.exe

From now on TrackIR will automatically start at high priority whenever you doubleclick that shortcut.

Another great find Jeroen, thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can also use the Priority Saver tool to set the priority from Task Manager and have it silently elevate the TIR priority to High no matter how it's started (manually, as an auto-start program at boot, etc.)

Download:  http://www.prnwatch.com/prio/

You just set it here and forget about it.

wow, fantastic! I didn't know the stuttering when panning around is due to TIR.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I want to confirm that this works well for me. I modified the shortcut as Jeroen suggested and my TIR now is way much smoother when looking around. There is still a little bit jerkiness, but that probably is mostly like due to how I set the profiles in TIR. The results is as good as I got in FSX.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "P3D Tips and Tricks". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.