Sign in to follow this  

Jaw-dropping

Nothing new here but I just (finally) did my first complete flight (after only testing and so on up to now). Before I took off I installed the Norwegian freeware because default landclass in Norway sucks big time. I already flew there during my testing but with FTX Global and default landclass. So I installed the whole lot and did a short flight.

Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy...

I was smiling all the way through!!! The shadows in the VC (talking about immersion and the idea of LIGHT!), the autogen as far as the eye can see (I can't remember ONE tree popping up!), the shadows down below (using the cfg tweak), the ground textures loading NOT while passing the scenery... it was bloody awesome!!! And I don't even have clouds installed (those default ones look bad but I want to wait until I know what surprise REX has in store for P3D 2.0). I wasn't flying above a constantly changing background, like in FSX, I was flying above Norway! Everything down there was solid!

It's a pity I can't use my C172 already but I quite like the Maule. I have to check out the other default planes soon. (I already flew a while with the A36 but that one is sooooo DARK inside!)

Anyway, I couldn't be more happier. And I don't even have a new GPU yet! I sure will get one but there is no need for a real hurry because what I've got now is great already!

Well, as I said, nothing really new but man, P3D 2.0 ROCKS!!! It feels like after all these years I finally have the sim I've always been dreaming off. Thank you, LM!

P3D 2.0 ROCKS!!! It feels like after all these years I finally have the sim I've always been dreaming off. Thank you, LM!

Dammit man... :) I've not managed to get round to copying over Norway yet, but have pretty much finished fiddling... There's not enough hours in the day arghhhhhh!

Once you get that new video card you will be Oh Boy smiling even more. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

The light and shadows, the lack of autogen popping up right off the nose, the smooth framereates...

Honestly, it feels a lot like February 2012 again, but with a lot more meat on the table this time.

Honestly, it feels a lot like February 2012 again, but with a lot more meat on the table this time.

A LOT more meat indeed! I for instance was never really happy with the scenery of 'that' sim: I liked the shadows and the mood but the scenery was very basic and I had severe popping up unless I used the highest settings but those brought performance down. And still you could see autogen loading. On my PC P3D runs a lot better than 'that' sim with far more options enabled and far more possibilities. But yes, it DOES feel a bit like February 2012. Only now I've got more hope for the future.

LOL..you sound like a kid in a candy store....it's great to see someone having so much fun!

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

[ahem] as long as you were also being educated while having said "fun"...

Ha ha, I installed all the Airports of Norway / NSXII stuff myself yesterday Jeroen, and meant to ask if you'd got it all up and running yet. :smile:

Looks pretty special huh?  :cool:

I'll be flying in Norway exclusively through December;  mainly Wideroe routes with the Majestic Q400 but also some nice GA too.   I usually fly in Alaska each December (just a tradition I've been doing for about 10 years), but my essential ingredient for Alaska - F1 Ultimate Alaska X - is barred from P3D by EULA so bye bye Alaska, hello Norway.     It's more local for me anyway ; I'm only 1hr 20 from Norway, by Wideroe Q400 from my local airport, in real life.   :smile:

Looks pretty special huh? :cool:

Sure does! As I said, all the mountains around me are simply there, solid, filled with trees up to the horizon (so it seems). I always hated the popping up of autogen and textures but now I've seen how it can also be done, I discovered that all that popping up isn't only annoying but it really spoils the immersion far more than I thought! During my flight this afternoon I had a feeling of being there like never before! I'm going to have big fun the coming days, weeks, months, years.

Jerone can you post you P3D settings somewhere I am downloading today cheers Wayne. Will the A2A 172 not work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Anyone tried the free HDE v2.0 clouds in P3D yet? They work fine in FSX so maybe they're worth a try.

Jerone can you post you P3D settings somewhere I am downloading today cheers Wayne. Will the A2A 172 not work?

Here are my settings. I do have Volumetric fog enabled though: it was turned off accidently when I took the screenshots...

11133835065_9bb545b415_k.jpg

Love the realistic horizon.

Yes! It seems we finally have that realistic blueish color on the horizon! I tried to get in FSX too but without any luck. Maybe it has to do with the weather or the default sky colors but it looks so much more real than FSX! I hardly dare to load REX textures. ^_^ I think I will only use REX for clouds.

wow is that screeny from P3D v2 ? looks great

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus