Sign in to follow this  

Jaw-dropping

The more I read, the more I want! Once PMDG get everything sorted out I will then untie my boat and drift out into the smooth waters of P3D v2. For now I am happy with FSX and DX10.

Yes I really is a purdy sim.  Love the realistic horizon. 

Fantastic shot!

How did you get those dark shadows on trees? I think overall the shadows in P3D2 are too light, needs to be much darker, like the shadows on your screenshot. Did you postprocess to enhance the contrast or this is an untouched shot?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

(I already flew a while with the A36 but that one is sooooo DARK inside!)

Psst! Turn the bloody panel lights on then! It makes it so much easier to see... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow that screenshot is nice!  What addons are shown there and where is that?

It's some scenery I'm working on.  Still in progress, but everything you see there is stock P3D.  No additional addons at all and no image enhancements at all.  P3D for the win.  Two more, all stock P3D.

This is the most amazing to me.

Again, the horizon, the sheer number of objects, the cloud distance is set to max (110miles), the colors, this simply could not be done on FSX and it has revolutionized the scenery.   There is no add-ons or enhancements in this pic.  I have a laptop with i7 3630QM, 8 gb ram, and  a mediocre Geforce 650m.  My framerates are usually 20-40fps with this kind of detail.

It can't be understated that objects extending into the distant horizon are a huge influence on the believability.  I think we are all in for a treat with the upcoming scenery additions.

Yes, that's pretty cool!

Could you please stop posting these awesome shots. :(

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

This is full everything.  All sliders to the right.  And I want to show the quality of the shadowing going on with P3D and how well it allows the autogen to blend in with the real photoscenery shadowing.,  And I still get 15 - 20 fps.  You really have to take a double take to make sure you're looking at  autogen shadows.  South of Glasgow with the Revolution X autogen add-on.

Hi,

Regarding these shots of Revolution X.  I'm amazed at the colours of the landscape..

I've got Horizon scenery sitting on a shelf, due to the, to me, awful blue/green colour of the fields.  I'm using Orbx in FSX, simply because of the more realistic look, but miss knowing that what I see is really there.

Are the colours in your shot, just what you see in P3D2?

If so, I might just be a convert!  :smile:

Thanks, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

why my shadows are nowhere near as dark as shown in these beautiful screenshots? If these shadows are of 100% darkness mine is only like 20% which is way too light. Anywhere I can adjust settings to make shadows darker?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Well I guess my screenshots are gone, yet they allowed screens from another here?  If it was because I said "work in progress" it was because I was working on them.  In no way or now how was I selling this scenery.