Sign in to follow this  
channaffm

Bojote Altuve's tweaking tool

I wouldn't touch that tweaker with a ten-foot pole. I never liked it and adviced against it for FSX but using it or P3D is downright... er... not too wise imho. The tweaker throws a lot of stuff/crap into the cfg, most of which probably doesn't even work with P3D 2.0. It may even cause problems.

I thought that my switch to P3D was the end of me having to talk about that tweaker, but here we go again LOL

In short: I haven't tried for P3D 2,0 and I never will. If I am going to tweak, I will do it manually so I know what's happening (or not).

I just tried it. I didn't get any noticeable change in performance. It works wonders for me in FSX (J van E we seem to disagree!), but if any thing I might have noticed some "micro-stutters" in P3D and no increase in fps what-so-ever. Maybe it is a case-by-case thing, working for some set-ups and not others.

- Bill Magann

I wouldn't touch that tweaker with a ten-foot pole. I never liked it and adviced against it for FSX but using it or P3D is downright... er... not too wise imho. The tweaker throws a lot of stuff/crap into the cfg, most of which probably doesn't even work with P3D 2.0. It may even cause problems.

I thought that my switch to P3D was the end of me having to talk about that tweaker, but here we go again LOL

In short: I haven't tried for P3D 2,0 and I never will. If I am going to tweak, I will do it manually so I know what's happening (or not).

Bojote's tweak site gave me hands down the best results I ever got with FSX.

I'm not challenging your view Jeroen, just showing how the FS world is full of contrasts and contradictions. :smile:

But I don't really get your fixed view that the Bojote site is a bad thing for P3D, and here's why;    

What have you got to lose ?

By that I mean, it is a given fact that if you back up your CFG file, you can then do absolutely anything with it.  You cannot 'damage' your sim nor your PC by trying things in a CFG file.    P3D may stop working of course - in which case you revert to your existing CFG.

Why would you say "I am not trying those things!" as a point of principal, when you could try them, without risk, and see what results you get. Why limit your options?

I suspect Bojote's tweaks via his site are actually better (now) for ATI users than nVidia, but still, back up your CFG, try it and see what happens.  What have you got to lose?   :wink:

Maybe it is a case-by-case thing, working for some set-ups and not others.

Agreed.   And isn't that true of pretty much everything in our FS world.