Sign in to follow this  
ICEWOLF378

T7 vs NGX

I would be interested on comparing the flight feeling of PMDG 777 vs Level D 767.

I only own the 737NGX and in the past I flown Level D 767 and, despite the age, it was smoother than smaller planes because it was " big ". I assume that PMDG 777 should be smoother than the NGX  just because  bigger planes should be more gentle to maneuver than smaller ones.

To make an exaggerate comparison, it should be like flying a Red Bull acrobatic plane vs a fully loaded 747 cargo   :P

I would be interested on comparing the flight feeling of PMDG 777 vs Level D 767.

I only own the 737NGX and in the past I flown Level D 767 and, despite the age, it was smoother than smaller planes because it was " big ". I assume that PMDG 777 should be smoother than the NGX  just because  bigger planes should be more gentle to maneuver than smaller ones.

To make an exaggerate comparison, it should be like flying a Red Bull acrobatic plane vs a fully loaded 747 cargo   :P

With FBW, hand flying should be as smooth as it gets.  That is if you're familiar with FBW from other add ons.

I’m not sure how Latitude is calculating those numbers, but they are insane. V2 is closer to lift off speed and I typically see v2 speeds about 140kts or above. 126kts seems kind of crazy, perhaps impossible, and definitely dangerous. And the touchdown speed of 106 is in stall territory, that’s bonkers. I would personally turn off Latitude and stick to whatever you see in the FMC.

Ultimately you are the best judge of your piloting. If you make a harsh landing you know it and more importantly why. Maybe you flared too late, maybe you cut throttles too early, maybe you rushed it in after passing the touchdown point too high. Latitude, even if it did work correctly, can’t tell you these things, but you know it yourself by evaluating your own performance. Maybe a smooth landing is not even preferential sometimes, like on a short runway surrounded by rough terrain in icing conditions. In that case, it would be prudent to land at Vref+ice, put it down firmly in the touchdown zone, and have plenty of runway to get stopped - as opposed to dangling above stall speed to attempt a feather-light touchdown in dangerous conditions with slick runways. My point is that you are the best judge of your actions, and whether or not they are correct for the conditions. Don’t take guff from any back-seat pilot software. :wink: (Especially if its giving you V numbers better fit for a turbo prop)

Thank you for these infos.They are very helpful for me and also Mark777 was very heplful but I couldn't do two quotes in one mesaage.

Efe

Sorry again he was Mike777

In my not so professional opinion, it is akin to comparing apples with oranges. They may share the same Boeing company logo and have two wings and two engines, but similarities between these two aircraft pretty much end there...

A

When I first tried hand flying the T7 on an approach, I crashed. I crashed on my second attempt as well. I got it on my third attempt. I think my problem was that it seems to respond slower to inputs than the NGX which seems reasonable as its a bigger plane. Once I got over that, it does seem easier to fly than the NGX. It really does climb like a bat out of hell though  B)

@ Groovin : I know that FBW renders the column easy to use, I was analysing and comparing it to a 18 wheels big truck, you have the power assisted steering but in takes a while to maneuver.

@ Aentwis : I agree, in fact I asked about an opinion between the T7 and Level D 767.

@ SirStiggie : How comes that a slower response leads to a crash ? It must be something else in the ingredient of a crash, don't you agree ? 

It must be something else in the ingredient of a crash, don't you agree ?

Like not being ahead of the plane? :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

@ SirStiggie : How comes that a slower response leads to a crash ? It must be something else in the ingredient of a crash, don't you agree ? 

I agree. That was my first attempt at landing the T7 without reading any manuals or doing the tutorial flights and I simply screwed the approach trying to fly it like the NGX. Pretty much what happened is that it got too slow and I tried to catch up with too much throttle. The chief pilot was not amused.

after using the T7 for about a  couple of months. i tried to handfly the NGX. i think its hard to handly the NGX cause its too light compare to the T7 

Spent countless hours in the NGX, but I have done what I never thought I would do, I uninstalled it.

The 777 is so good to hand fly I alway hand fly right upto cruise. You just think ahead and always be smooth with her. Speed is what she like you to stablize.

I also love that I don't feel I need fscew2 to fly the 777 well. Because it's far more automated I feel the work load is perfect.

I love 777.

I think I will love the 747v2 just as much.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@SirStiggie :   :smile:    

@NyxxUK : I can understand your T7 preferences but a NGX uninstall it seems to me quite a slap in her face !  

The 737 is still the backbone of the modern civil aviation, give it a flight every now and then, she deserves it !  :smile:

after using the T7 for about a  couple of months. i tried to handfly the NGX. i think its hard to handly the NGX cause its too light compare to the T7 

I have always tried to hand fly a SID but I get laughable results. ( bank angle alarms, flap over speeds, huge speed fluctuations because of poor V/S management). In short, I will let the autopilot take over right off the bat. I am comfortable doing manual landings on average sized runways, but short fields scare me. Try a manual landing at SBRJ, I crashed it the first couple of times before I nailed it. :rolleyes: