Sign in to follow this  
bönan

Vintage airliners!

I just got the Noratlas, and I must say that it looks really interesting. I'm sure it can be squeezed down in some pretty interesting places! Now, the entire documentation is in French. And my French ain't good. Has anyone any experience with this bird? It seems a bit too complex to learn by trial-and-error! ^_^

Manual in English here

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=17909628

File name 

n25v1_gb.zip

at Flightsim.com.

It's for their Fs9 model but still relevant.

There is also a 13 page topic at SimOutHouse forum, here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?75356-FSX-Nord-2501-Noratlas-

While you are there, have a look at the Manfred Jahn C47 and C117 models.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?82973-C-47-from-Manfred-Jahn-and-team

If you  want them, the files for both are only hosted at the SimOutHouse library.

Regards,

Nick.

May I throw in a plug for the CalClassics Convair CV series (CV-440, etc.)? Those models were quite popular on shorter air routes in the 60's...

klingon.gif

Convair CVs rock! I used to have a 1960's rendition with some of the scenery packs found on CalClassics and a mix of propliners and early smoking jets.

Keith

Keith Guillory

Convair CVs rock! I used to have a 1960's rendition with some of the scenery packs found on CalClassics and a mix of propliners and early smoking jets.

Keith

Frontier had some CV's in their fleet, and I remember seeing them at the old Stapleton Airport when I was a little kid. You could drive down the ramp from Passenger Pickup, and see all of the small GA birds parked in front of Combs Aviation, and the CV's parked back in the distance next to the Frontier hangar.

I think United used a few CV's also...

hobbes.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I just got the Noratlas, and I must say that it looks really interesting. I'm sure it can be squeezed down in some pretty interesting places! Now, the entire documentation is in French. And my French ain't good. Has anyone any experience with this bird? It seems a bit too complex to learn by trial-and-error!

The only thing I haven't been able to do is start the engines from the aircraft controls, only using Con+E+1,2 which I hate, but it's so wonderful to fly I forgive it that. Remember to turn on the fuel levers above your head though when starting, there are six of them! Worked out how to do the radio's the other day, lol. Also worth checking out for updates, as they made a few a while back, things like making both sections of the rudder work together on each side of the tail boom etc. 

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I've native'd up the Cv-580 a few years ago. It can be found here or at Flightsim and there's a metric ton of liveries for it.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hey Alan ---

In the early 60s I rode the FL 540s/580s and CO Viscounts out of Stapleton when I was working for PAA!! I remember on one CO Viscount flt to ELP I pointed out to a *stew* some smoke coming out of a ceiling vent while they were starting the engines and she told me it was only condensation!

Bruce

Hey Alan ---

In the early 60s I rode the FL 540s/580s and CO Viscounts out of Stapleton when I was working for PAA!! I remember on one CO Viscount flt to ELP I pointed out to a *stew* some smoke coming out of a ceiling vent while they were starting the engines and she told me it was only condensation!

Bruce

Hey, Bruce!

Yeah... the old days at Stapleton! When I was a kid, I lived on the 8R/26L approach path, and saw all of the oldies on Final and saw them climb on Takeoff... those 747's seemed to hang in the sky forever on Takeoff!

Almost time for another COSIM breakfast, wouldn't you say?

klingon.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

We lived over there on Newark street and used to park by the fence and watch the prop-liners crab in and land on 26. Seemed like they were almost sideways.

I'm up for a breakfast if the weather is good and the streets dry!!  :rolleyes:

Avoid the Just Flight birds like the plague and wait for the PMDG DC-6.  The Viscount is a terrible effort with an FS2002 level virtual cockpit.  It's terrible.  The DC6 seems populated with default gauges, and you can't remove the yoke in the Comet to see the gauges.   The DC-3 uses the default FSX radio and overhead. 

Hopefully the DC-6 will sell well and Robert and Co. at PMDG will model the DC-3 Robert owns....

The Maam Sim DC-3 is the best DC-3 out there with vintage gauges - it does show its age though. 

Colin

I've tried to tweek the DC-6 cfg file to get rid of some of the bugs with rather good results. The battery does now hold power, and engine settings seems to be more or less correct. The whole process took less than 10 minutes. I can't understand why the developer can't fix these issues...

I've tried to tweek the DC-6 cfg file to get rid of some of the bugs with rather good results. The battery does now hold power, and engine settings seems to be more or less correct. The whole process took less than 10 minutes. I can't understand why the developer can't fix these issues...

Could you please post your new cfg file? (using 'More Reply Options' and attach as a .txt file seems to be the forum-preferred method.)

Thanks!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Sure thing!

Note that this file is only for the DC-6B Domestic with no additional liveries installed. I've just landed from a flight from NYC to Miami, cruising at FL240 at normal power settings I get about 285 knots TAS, which seems correct. Before my modifications I couldn't even get that high up...

Aircraft.txt

I had a feeling that you would come to that conclusion about the Just Flight DC-6.  I am in love with vintage airliners as well.  I got burned on the JF Connie, Comet and Viscount.  After that, I would not even bite when they offered the Tri-Star for $8.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  These JF aircraft were created by Airplane Heaven.

Sure thing!

Note that this file is only for the DC-6B Domestic with no additional liveries installed. I've just landed from a flight from NYC to Miami, cruising at FL240 at normal power settings I get about 285 knots TAS, which seems correct. Before my modifications I couldn't even get that high up...

Thanks!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)